Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out on Saturday and got some relics....got some railroad seals marked F.E.C., thats Flagler/Florida east coast railway, and a 1908 v nickel also got a 1936 mercury dime witch I can't find now for a pic ?? It'll show up. Today I got in at a swim hole and in 2 hours had a big platinum with diamonds, and a small gold band in 14k !! Got a pound or more of clad and low and behold there was a beat up silver quarter in there !! Check out the can tops and bottoms that are coral encrusted....also eyeballed an amethyst glass stopper !! And finally at the end a small silver 925 China earring !! Platinum, gold,silver,and diamonds !! Water was so nice and warm today !! 20210721_195921.jpg 20210721_194835.jpg 20210721_200901.jpg 20210721_193352.jpg 20210721_193420.jpg 20210721_200932.jpg 20210721_195947.jpg 20210721_201055.jpg
Cheers folks:occasion14: get out there and get in the water.....there's treasure out there !!

Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats X2 !! For the gold Bart-nice bling.:occasion14:

Well done on the seals also, never seen the beer cap design in these parts.

Cool corral can, where is going to be incorporated into, art, display, fish tank?

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds! The rings are gorgeous and I love the coral crusted can lid!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php
very nice my friend - keep it up!

Attachments

• transparent_casper.png
    transparent_casper.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 612

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out on Saturday and got some relics....got some railroad seals marked F.E.C., thats Flagler/Florida east coast railway, and a 1908 v nickel also got a 1936 mercury dime witch I can't find now for a pic ?? It'll show up. Today I got in at a swim hole and in 2 hours had a big platinum with diamonds, and a small gold band in 14k !! Got a pound or more of clad and low and behold there was a beat up silver quarter in there !! Check out the can tops and bottoms that are coral encrusted....also eyeballed an amethyst glass stopper !! And finally at the end a small silver 925 China earring !! Platinum, gold,silver,and diamonds !! Water was so nice and warm today !!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Cheers folks:occasion14: get out there and get in the water.....there's treasure out there !!

Great finds Bart, especially the ancient museum quality can tops:laughing7:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats X2 !! For the gold Bart-nice bling.:occasion14:

Well done on the seals also, never seen the beer cap design in these parts.

Cool corral can, where is going to be incorporated into, art, display, fish tank?

Not sure what to do with those can parts pepper.....thought they might be interesting to people. They have been there awhile to grow coral !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! The rings are gorgeous and I love the coral crusted can lid!

Thank you lenrac2...hope you find some precious metals too !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Bart, especially the ancient museum quality can tops:laughing7:

Steve my treasure cup is overflowing this summer....good luck out there find a gold one from the fleet !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you efranks....starting to get some weight for the summer !! Happy hunting !!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Bart. That gold wedding band is the very same design of the one I have when it was brand new, but mine no longer has those beaded edges anymore as they've all worn away over time.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tammrock...thanks buddy....I've been trying to match the platinum ring to online images. I sure hope this one has similar value to the one that matches closest !! Screenshot_20210722-085606_Google.jpg thats a 6 grand price tag on there !! Woooo hoooo !! This ring is a hefty 15.5 grams !! If I got 2Gs for it I would be ecstatic !!

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Those are great pictures ! Congratulations.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tammrock...thanks buddy....I've been trying to match the platinum ring to online images. I sure hope this one has similar value to the one that matches closest !! View attachment 1938598 thats a 6 grand price tag on there !! Woooo hoooo !! This ring is a hefty 15.5 grams !! If I got 2Gs for it I would be ecstatic !!
Yeah that's what the general full retail mark up would at a place like Zales. They gotta a lot of overhead to deal with involved with mall space leasing across the country and inventory to move at premium prices. I believe new high end jewelry is one of the highest margin merchandise being sold out there. You would only get a fraction on yours out of a PM buyer or pawn shop which by way I hang on to my gold jewelry in the event I need to get some quick cash on either selling as scrap or a loan on in an emergency. Your best price would most likely be selling online as a potential buyer could compare that full blown retail to what you're offering for less, but you never know on buyers out there on the WWW. They might be fool enough and loaded with cash and pay more than the full retail price. I've had that happen when I was doing ebay and a bidding war happens between to determined buyers.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great pictures ! Congratulations.

Thank you Mike b.....got a couple more swimming holes....hope the luck holds out !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that's what the general full retail mark up would at a place like Zales. They gotta a lot of overhead to deal with involved with mall space leasing across the country and inventory to move at premium prices. I believe new high end jewelry is one of the highest margin merchandise being sold out there. You would only get a fraction on yours out of a PM buyer or pawn shop which by way I hang on to my gold jewelry in the event I need to get some quick cash on either selling as scrap or a loan on in an emergency. Your best price would most likely be selling online as a potential buyer could compare that full blown retail to what you're offering for less, but you never know on buyers out there on the WWW. They might be fool enough and loaded with cash and pay more than the full retail price. I've had that happen when I was doing ebay and a bidding war happens between to determined buyers.

Ya tamrock....im the same way....I usally keep them till I need something. Last time I sold a platinum I was pleasantly surprised. Having a 25 year relationship with your jeweler helps....im going out to run some errands so ill stop by and let him check it.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeweler says awsome score !! Checked with aqua Regia = platinum.....diamonds tested out also....woooo hoooo !! Hell im so happy im going to the next swim hole !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions