What's new

Played The Penny Box SLOT !!!!! JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Update #1

underdogger

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2009
Messages
755
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Went on road today and went to a bank about 30 miles away . Teller said she had to new boxes of pennies come in this morning. I said I wold take them and handed her a twenty . Got home and The first roll was all wheats. So happy dance I am now on roll # 4 and other than a 1969-d every single penny has been a wheat. JACKPOT . will post results and pics latter . so far most are in 40s and 50s however I have seen a couple in the 30s and 1919. wish me luck I think that all 20 are wheat rolls. wish me luck So after going through 5$ worth here are some pickers 1929-s ,1952-s, 1914 , 1944-s. no Ih's so far and as I suspected all wheats with the ocasional odball present day penny. someone must have rolled their wheat jar ye haw. 90% 40s and 50s so far . Stay tuned .
 
Upvote 0
Re: Played The Penny Box SLOT !!!!! JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome score!! Hope there's an IH in there somewhere for you!!!
 
Re: Played The Penny Box SLOT !!!!! JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that's my dream. Can't wait for pics!
 
Re: Played The Penny Box SLOT !!!!! JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saabman said:
Awesome score!! Hope there's an IH in there somewhere for you!!!

@Saabman, what does "IH" stand for?
 
Re: Played The Penny Box SLOT !!!!! JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Argblat said:
Saabman said:
Awesome score!! Hope there's an IH in there somewhere for you!!!

@Saabman, what does "IH" stand for?

Indian Head !!
 
Awesome finds man!! Hope the rest of the rolls work out for you! :thumbsup:
 
So the final count was 980 wheats 15 common and 5 canadian .No IHs New to add to pickers are 1916-s 1917 1919-s 1946-s . So it looks like some one cashed in thier rainy rainy rainy day money. As they are getting 7to 8 dollars a roll here in syracuse . thats a nice hit for a ten dollar investment . sorry my camera is sudenly not taking pics . but I will get something as far as pics on here tomorow .
Most were in the 40s 50s . About 90 % 100 of them were in the 30s 10 in the teens and about 25 in the 20s. The 1916 -s is a peach. :coffee2: thank all Rob
 
wow!!!!!!!!!!!! thats an AWESOME score!!!!! now go back and buy all the pennies the bank has left!!! keep it up and hh!
 
That's a mega penny dream box! Just crazy.
 
Those came from a bank box.. unheard of for pennies .. DREAM BOX.. :icon_thumleft:
 
underdogger said:
So the final count was 980 wheats 15 common and 5 canadian .No IHs New to add to pickers are 1916-s 1917 1919-s 1946-s . So it looks like some one cashed in thier rainy rainy rainy day money. As they are getting 7to 8 dollars a roll here in syracuse . thats a nice hit for a ten dollar investment . sorry my camera is sudenly not taking pics . but I will get something as far as pics on here tomorow .
Most were in the 40s 50s . About 90 % 100 of them were in the 30s 10 in the teens and about 25 in the 20s. The 1916 -s is a peach. :coffee2: thank all Rob

Who is paying that much per roll? Coin shops or local CL ads?
 
Bring that teller a Starbucks Frap-o-latte and some Crispy Cremes and ask if she's got any quarters. :icon_sunny:
 
jerseyben said:
underdogger said:
So the final count was 980 wheats 15 common and 5 canadian .No IHs New to add to pickers are 1916-s 1917 1919-s 1946-s . So it looks like some one cashed in thier rainy rainy rainy day money. As they are getting 7to 8 dollars a roll here in syracuse . thats a nice hit for a ten dollar investment . sorry my camera is sudenly not taking pics . but I will get something as far as pics on here tomorow .
Most were in the 40s 50s . About 90 % 100 of them were in the 30s 10 in the teens and about 25 in the 20s. The 1916 -s is a peach. :coffee2: thank all Rob
I saw a classified for wheats and they were paying 6P/R and then I was at the local weekly famers market at what they call a weekend garage sale type. I asked a guy who was selling coins there if he had wheats and he said no but if so they were ten a roll . So I said what will you buy them for and with out blinking he said 8P/R I have no intent of ever selling . But wheats have doubled to trippled around here.
Who is paying that much per roll? Coin shops or local CL ads?
 
SFBayArea said:
Those came from a bank box.. unheard of for pennies .. DREAM BOX.. :icon_thumleft:
Last time I hit this bank I scored a roll of steelies I posted the end of dec sometime . 30 miles away Both time I was in the area . You just never know My best score! Probably saved 120 $ buying in bulk. (which over the years I have done) I bought a bag of 50 $ in wheats about 8yrs ago. It cost me 216 smackers If you could find someone to sell you 5000 I am quite sure you would pay 500 today.
 
Haaa!!! You lucky dog you, you hit the motherload!!!
 
You guys are lucky... I'm having a heck of a time trying to unload 1300 Wheats as we speak to a CL guy for $105. I literally had one offer.
 
DREAM BOXX :o
great finds! lucky you..
keep it up!
 
Congrats, brilliant score! :icon_thumleft:
 
Every bank I have ever dealt with only sell $25 boxes of cents. I have only heard others on here get them for $25. What bank sells $20 boxes? Were these rolls machine wrapped or hand wrapped. The latter would make more sense with the ratio of wheaties.
HH
enamel7
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom