What's new

Played The Penny Box SLOT !!!!! JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Update #1

underdogger

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2009
Messages
755
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Went on road today and went to a bank about 30 miles away . Teller said she had to new boxes of pennies come in this morning. I said I wold take them and handed her a twenty . Got home and The first roll was all wheats. So happy dance I am now on roll # 4 and other than a 1969-d every single penny has been a wheat. JACKPOT . will post results and pics latter . so far most are in 40s and 50s however I have seen a couple in the 30s and 1919. wish me luck I think that all 20 are wheat rolls. wish me luck So after going through 5$ worth here are some pickers 1929-s ,1952-s, 1914 , 1944-s. no Ih's so far and as I suspected all wheats with the ocasional odball present day penny. someone must have rolled their wheat jar ye haw. 90% 40s and 50s so far . Stay tuned .
 
Upvote 0
WOW that is an amazing number of wheats for a box of pennies!!! :hello2: Like others have asked, was it a sealed bank box or a box of hand rolled pennies?

I think it is definitely possible for a sealed bank box to have that many wheats in it. Some people literally have buckets of wheat pennies saved over the years, imagine if one of them decided to dump them all in a coin machine. That would probably fill up a bag or 2.

If they were hand rolled, I would definitely drive back and ask for any other coins that may have been dropped off by the same person. Could find some serious silver too... you never know!

HH!
 
Sorry I should Have been more clearer \ these 2 boxes were customer rolled boxes at ten each. The first was all wheat penny's . The secound had 2 wheats in it. So far I rolled a 1956 , 1056-d ,1957-d,1852-d, 1953-d 2)1944 2) 1945, 1946. So 10 rolls of solid dates out of that 10 dollar box. Nice!!! :coffee2:
 
jerseyben said:
You guys are lucky... I'm having a heck of a time trying to unload 1300 Wheats as we speak to a CL guy for $105. I literally had one offer.

$105 for 1300 Wheats is a great sell. I thought wheats only go for 3 cents each for common date ones & S-mints go for 4 cents each. I'm not up to par with the current wheat market since I'm not selling mine. I'm still trying to build up a jar full. Correct me if I'm wrong.
 
I would have a hard time being separated from wheats. I sold 4 coffee cans full i had saved as a kid in the early 90s . I can not see me parting with them now unless I got like 15 cents a piece . It takes along time to build them up so I price em like I do not want to sell them . Coin dealers around here say they do not have them and you know they do . No one sells a fifty dollar bag around here you might get a ten but the cost will be about 100.That is the pulse of wheats in upstate ny. at least in my expierence. I have been collecting pennys mostly since the 70s
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom