Please, Any information on this?

kot63

Jan 14, 2019
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in Fort Wayne Indiana. Size 2 x1.25.
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool. With the backmark someone should be able to help with ID.

Upvote 0

jambone

Jan 26, 2013
Skunkington Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That crown looks similar to the Rolex logo. Not saying it's Rolex, just that it's similar. Doesn't look like a watch part.

Upvote 0

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An officer's uniform shoulder device...?

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Is that GR with a crown? Could that be G R Georgius Rex, i.e. King George? But it looks like the Rolex crown as was stated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looked into this a bit to see if I could help, and wasn't able to come up with much. The coronet as part of a logo is not very unique, nor are the initials GR.

There could be some connection to King George, as BigCypressHunter mentioned. You'll find a lot of images of crowns with the initials GR, which indicated King George, but the crown is not usually designed quite like that. The crown bit does look very much like the Rolex logo, and Rolex watches do often come with "hang tags" with have some sort of insignia. GR could stand for Genuine Rolex. On the other hand, I can't find anything in vintage Rolex logos that looks anything like the logo on what you've got, and I can't find any example of Rolex using GR like that.

Looks like a keychain or luggage tag to me, but it's hard to say. Interesting find either way!

Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's loosely trading on a resemblance to a Royal monogram, but there ain't no official monogram which is really anything like that, and certainly not with a crown like that. Each monarch here chooses the crown they intend to use and we have never had a 'cartoon' crown anything like that.

Upvote 0

johnnyjohnson2043

Aug 26, 2019
Fort Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's loosely trading on a resemblance to a Royal monogram, but there ain't no official monogram which is really anything like that, and certainly not with a crown like that. Each monarch here chooses the crown they intend to use and we have never had a 'cartoon' crown anything like that.

I couldn't find anything that matches it exactly but it's the closest thing I saw so far.

Upvote 0

johnnyjohnson2043

Aug 26, 2019
Fort Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While trying to figure out what the crown monogram is I learned that the 5-pointed crown is apparently the symbol of the Latin Kings. I'm guessing that's not what this is, though. Haha. Also, like jambone said, it looks like the Rolex logo. Still looking, though.

Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran a trademark search and the nearest match that came up was Matthew Riale’s clothing business (Coats; Hats; Jeans; Pullovers; Shirts; Sneakers; Socks; Sweaters) in Santa Clarita, California. First use of the logo was in 2007.

GR.jpg

Not the same, but the crown is remarkably similar, although if you asked a graphic designer to come up with a crown logo there’s a fair chance that’s the style he would use.

I suppose you could come up with a convoluted theory that this logo with a backwards G is a deliberate modern variation on a previously used unregistered logo for a business established by, say, his father (as Mr G. Riale, rather than Mr M. Riale). That’s a real loooooong shot and doesn’t bring us any closer to what the posted item might be, unless the clothing business also sold belts or something like that.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think the logo is a watch fob, luggage tag, medals or medallion company

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions