Please, come see my wings and dollar!!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I'm so excited I can barely type!! Today Mr. Pepper wanted to MD. I didn't get much sleep last night and really didn't want to but I told him OK.
Glad I did. We went to the never failing fairground and I started hitting quarters and dimes almost instantly. Within an hour I had about three bucks in dimes and quarters. I decided to try a spot I haven't hit very much. Got a hit.....dug a tiny hole and out popped the most beautiful coin I have ever found!! A 1939 Winged Liberty! I started laughing....then yelling at Mr. Pepper who was several yards away. I ran over to him and showed him my find. :icon_sunny: He had a kinda "pinched" look as he mutter..."that's great, honey." :dontknow: :wink: I then danced my way back to where I was hunting. Something flashy caught my eye. Lord and behold with only one part half covered lay ANOTHER WL!! A 1942. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I was running and dancing towards Mr. Pepper and showed him my second beauty. :headbang: Why ya'll, I swear he looked at me like MasterEagle looked at BB! :o You know like a dog with it's teeth showing?! :angel4: Scared me! I decided I best get as far as I could get away from Mr.Pepper.
So, I start back tending to my business and my "MD baby" started singing to me again! :-* Low a behold I dug up my first dollar coin! It is a 2000 Sacagawea! I had my mouth all wide open and was fixing to yell and tell Mr. Pepper ......then I got to thinking about that creepy look he gave me. Decided I'd just stay quite and spring it on him when we got home. :wink: Hope ya'll enjoy my new "babies" with me. :)

Attachments

• Winged Ladies&dollar.jpg
    Winged Ladies&dollar.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,103
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice, I just found a pair of mercs this past weekend. Way to go!!!! :thumbsup:

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
I love those mercs, I can't wait to find my first! Thanks for the post.

~Tom

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Man, what finds, doing great Pepper.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the Mercs. Liberty expressing freedom of thought was, I believe, the intent of the coin and nothing to do with Mercury at all.

They're great coins in any case! Wish they were still the dime of circulation. F. Roosevelt was OK I guess, but he ain't much to look at. There's an article in May's Coin Values magazine about the coins Teddy Roosevelt had designed to replace the stodgy old Barber's. Some of the best ever, anywhere.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wowowowowowowowowowowwowowowow

awesome finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lol you didn't do good you did great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Thanks, everyone. Tom, I hope you find one soon. It's an incredible feeling! Heaven only knows how I'm going to react when I find gold! LOL.....This is my best MD'ing day ever!!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day Pepper !!! I like the symbolism here, you've got your wings ! I bet that MXT is fast becoming

you're new best friend . Big time congrats to you ! I found my 1st and only merc. last nov. Mercs are on my

permanent wish list . I also found a 2000 sac. dollar today. Keep up the silver finds ! Gregory, Santa Fe.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I Love It Pepper.....Almost sound's like you just found Gold.Your "drive" is awesome.....Congratulation's on some sweet find's.HH!!

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Pepper!!!! WTG.
Two Mercury Dimes is a dangnabulas day.
As Nick would say Stellar finds.
Joe

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
woooooohooooooo dang girl you did AWESOME! So sorry Mr Pepper gave you the look but boy I think they would be worth it! lol Congrats girl! ~hugs~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread