onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep I m all for feeding them, they make easy targets when there sitting still. Up north of here there are Black ones, they tend to take over a large area, chase all the grays out. see them when deer hunting nasty little buggers

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
nova treasure said:
I really am a HillBilly. I was born and Raised in the Hills of Kentucky and my Name is Billy. I also feed squirrels, to my kids after a good day of hunting. Squirrel Dumplings is pretty darn good when Cooked right.

Nova Treasure

That's what I'm talkin bout. I only eat squirrels when I'm by my self or with somebody. It's what for dinner. :thumbsup:

Never tried squarrels though. Are they good? :dontknow:

B

BIG61AL

Feed the squirrels or kill the squirrels - whatever makes you happy as long as you are doing it legally. There was a time you could legally hunt predatory birds [eagles, hawks etc.]. But since some species were hunted to near extinction the practice is now illegal. Gratefully most hunters would never shoot a predatory bird but there certainly some out there that will. A squirrel may be a lowly rodent but we [humans] have no right to sign the death warrent for them. There are some species of squirrels that are endangered and killing them is a crime, so be careful what you shoot at. Perhaps live trapping, not the bone crushing steel trap, and releasing them in the woods would accomplish two things - getting nuisance animals off your property and letting nature decide how big the squirrel population should be.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
Guys if you feed the squirrels they will become fatter and tastier for hunting season. USE YOUR BRAINS GUYS!

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
civil war hunter said:
Guys if you feed the squirrels they will become fatter and tastier for hunting season. USE YOUR BRAINS GUYS!

OK. You got me. That's a great idea. Never thought about fattening squirrels for the kill. :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
feed then kill --grain feed taste so much better. -- smart kid

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
uh hot dogs are meat --- squirrels are nut and veggie eaters -- your training squirrels to eat meat? quick run!!!! attack of the meat (HOT DOG) eating squirrels --FRANKENSQUIRREL

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
Ha ha well I've seen them eat pinecones,lol.. I was thinking like corn with grease, chicken grease,pork grease. I fed them Frito's chips..

ivan salis said:
uh hot dogs are meat --- squirrels are nut and veggie eaters -- your training squirrels to eat meat? quick run!!!! attack of the meat (HOT DOG) eating squirrels --FRANKENSQUIRREL

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
do not feed em meat or meat by products --grease ect its not good for em ---
--they eat fritos because their made from corn + they like the salt (minerals)

pine cones have pine seeds in em --thats what they eat their nut , seed and plant eaters by nature

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
I see..

ivan salis said:
do not feed em meat or meat by products --grease ect its not good for em ---
--they eat fritos because their made from corn + they like the salt (minerals)

pine cones have pine seeds in em --thats what they eat their nut , seed and plant eaters by nature

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this state any time a wild animal destroys your property they are considered a varmint and liable to pay the price. Deer are the exception. You just have to live with them until hunting season that is. And I have to say that feeding squirrels is the silliest thing I ever heard. If everyone fed the squirrels they would seriously over multiply and soon you wouldn't be able to buy enough "fritos" to feed them and they would starve by the thousands. Ask any wildlife biologist. My stupid neighbor feeding them is what caused a double reproduction cycle I am convinced. Monty

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
civil war hunter said:
* cough * cough* no balls* sorry * cough* ::)

Of course you have! They probably just havn't dropped yet :-\

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
civil war hunter said:
lol, I'm talking about the guy above my post. That's funny! :laughing9:

shaun7 said:
civil war hunter said:
* cough * cough* no balls* sorry * cough* ::)

Of course you have! They probably just haven't dropped yet :-\

WATCH OUT FUR THE SQUARRELLS!!!!!! THERE BIG AS HELL HERE IN IL.

Attachments

409 KB · Views: 283
  • muscle-squirrel.jpg
    muscle-squirrel.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 382
    409 KB · Views: 302

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
funny thread here. in northern california we have about 4 kinds of squarrels. all are good except the common brown ground squarrel. and those WILL eat meat.saw this when i was about 12 years old.they gnawed right through plywood into my pigeon pen,ate the heads off mother pigeons,ate eggs, chicks,etc.this was in a cold winter.ground squirrels are essentially rats,as noted above.and all are lead deficient.got a .17 cal. lead pill dispenser.and they are legal year round.no good to eat.we do have some big fat grey tree squarrels,around dec. jan.

S

stefen

nova treasure said:
I really am a HillBilly. I was born and Raised in the Hills of Kentucky and my Name is Billy. I also feed squirrels, to my kids after a good day of hunting. Squirrel Dumplings is pretty darn good when Cooked right.

Nova Treasure

Sssshhhhiiiitttt mmmmaaannnn....Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought squarrel dumplings whur them thangs that squarrels dumped on yur head when you walkeded under a tree...

Pardon my spale cziek :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread