What's new

Please Help Identify Coin

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
642
Golden Thread
1
Location
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I dug this coin in a sugarcane field. It is in very bad shape but I am hoping that someone can suggest what it is by what information I have.
The coin is very thin. It is 25 mm in diameter. Slightly larger than a quarter. It weighs 3.2 grams. I can barely make out a date that looks to be either 1719 or (more likely) 1819 based on other coins and relics found on the site. I'm fairly certain that it's copper. It may even be a token of some sort. Thanks for any help. Shane
 

Attachments

  • 100_4942.webp
    100_4942.webp
    44 KB · Views: 447
How about a pic of the other side?
Looks like 1819 to me.
 
Upvote 0
HILL BILLY said:
How about a pic of the other side?
Looks like 1819 to me.
Not much to see but here is the reverse.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4943.webp
    100_4943.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0
shanegalang said:
I dug this coin in a sugarcane field. It is in very bad shape but I am hoping that someone can suggest what it is by what information I have.
The coin is very thin. It is 25 mm in diameter. Slightly larger than a quarter. It weighs 3.2 grams. I can barely make out a date that looks to be either 1719 or (more likely) 1819 based on other coins and relics found on the site. I'm fairly certain that it's copper. It may even be a token of some sort. Thanks for any help. Shane

Do a pencil rubbing of the coin. Sometimes, you may be surprised at the detail from the rubbing.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom