Bobadilla Sr. Member Joined Sep 25, 2006 Messages 446 Reaction score 66 Golden Thread 0 Location Dominican Republic Apr 15, 2020 Thread Owner #1 Hello, I found this rock in the mountains where it is said a meteorite crashed years ago. Could it be a meteorite? I am not an expert in this field. It does not react to the magnet. Thanks for your help. Attachments Nr (1).webp 67.1 KB · Views: 83 Nr (2).webp 85.6 KB · Views: 76 Nr.I.webp 58 KB · Views: 92 Nr.IV.webp 69.4 KB · Views: 81
Hello, I found this rock in the mountains where it is said a meteorite crashed years ago. Could it be a meteorite? I am not an expert in this field. It does not react to the magnet. Thanks for your help.
Indian Steve Silver Member Joined Oct 23, 2011 Messages 2,809 Reaction score 4,474 Golden Thread 0 Location Stuart VA Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 15, 2020 #2 It looks like the back end of a Native American Celt to me.
TreasureCatto Bronze Member Joined May 27, 2018 Messages 1,746 Reaction score 3,516 Golden Thread 0 Location somewhere lurking around your local Coinstar Detector(s) used 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter, 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, My eyes and ears Primary Interest: Cache Hunting Apr 15, 2020 #3 Not a meteorite. Definitely part of a stone celt.
G galenrog Bronze Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Feb 19, 2006 Messages 2,187 Reaction score 2,428 Golden Thread 0 Apr 15, 2020 #4 Not a meteorite. Steve gives a good opinion. Probably a broken celt. Could be another tool, but I can not think of one right now. Time for more coffee.
Not a meteorite. Steve gives a good opinion. Probably a broken celt. Could be another tool, but I can not think of one right now. Time for more coffee.
Bobadilla Sr. Member Joined Sep 25, 2006 Messages 446 Reaction score 66 Golden Thread 0 Location Dominican Republic Apr 16, 2020 Thread Owner #5 galenrog said: Not a meteorite. Steve gives a good opinion. Probably a broken celt. Could be another tool, but I can not think of one right now. Time for more coffee. Click to expand... Thank you!
galenrog said: Not a meteorite. Steve gives a good opinion. Probably a broken celt. Could be another tool, but I can not think of one right now. Time for more coffee. Click to expand... Thank you!
Bobadilla Sr. Member Joined Sep 25, 2006 Messages 446 Reaction score 66 Golden Thread 0 Location Dominican Republic Apr 16, 2020 Thread Owner #6 Indian Steve said: It looks like the back end of a Native American Celt to me. Click to expand... Thank you, Steve.
Indian Steve said: It looks like the back end of a Native American Celt to me. Click to expand... Thank you, Steve.