What's new

Please help me identify my larg rock

Ciceli

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 6, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I'm Ciceli and I was given this beautiful big rock.I have no idea where it originated from and all I can tell you is I am located in Washington state.Its approximately 12×11 in in size and very heavy
 

Attachments

  • IMG-0020.webp
    IMG-0020.webp
    807.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 1554606088309_IMG-0023.webp
    1554606088309_IMG-0023.webp
    906.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG-0022.webp
    IMG-0022.webp
    911.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG-0024.webp
    IMG-0024.webp
    892 KB · Views: 115
Looking at your rock magnified I see some crystals in it and it looks like it has copper patina in some spots and maybe iron.It might be an ore of some type? Any mining close by you they might give you a good answer.
 
Upvote 0
Hi I'm Ciceli and I was given this beautiful big rock...
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Ciceli! Take a look at Forum: Washington for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

metal_detector.gif
2nd - If no one can identify your find - you might consider posting those pictures on GEOLOGICAL > ROCKS/GEMS for additional exposure.
 
Upvote 0
You've got some great suggestions/advice from Steve and vpnavy here Ciceli. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Tnet from Toronto,
Dave
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls.
 
Upvote 0
I am from Washington State, and this looks like the type of quartz filled basalt found in the rock quarries of eastern Washington. The rest stops along the freeways in the eastern part of the state used to have these type rocks and boulders lining the pavement, and this one may have "walked".
 
Upvote 0
Great looking piece Welcome also. Tommy
 
Upvote 0
Nice rock Ciceli and welcome!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom