What's new

Please help the Newbie

what exactly are "hot rocks"? metallic rocks? ???
Eu_citzen said:
Thanks Kelly for the kind words. :)

HellCat the idea is if you find a piece, ground balance over it this can cancel out some hot rocks and may work for coke to.

Though the XP has a special 'UK' version of their metal detectors specifically because of the coke this is a very big issue for some detectors like the ACE series.

Much of the coke is magnetic to; this is a good hint if it's coke or not.

Have you made your choice yet?
 
One thing, DONT EVER BUY A Radio Shack Discovery 2000 metal detector. Mine reads anything metal as a nickel... doesnt matter what it is. Piece of garbage. :(
 
pookie said:
what exactly are "hot rocks"? metallic rocks? ???
Eu_citzen said:
Thanks Kelly for the kind words. :)

HellCat the idea is if you find a piece, ground balance over it this can cancel out some hot rocks and may work for coke to.

Though the XP has a special 'UK' version of their metal detectors specifically because of the coke this is a very big issue for some detectors like the ACE series.

Much of the coke is magnetic to; this is a good hint if it's coke or not.

Have you made your choice yet?

Ahh, new are you? Hot rocks are mineralized rocks. (aka rocks that contain conductive minerals like iron oxide)
 
yes i am relatively new to this... been at it about a year, but really started this year... hmmm guess i have some hot rocks in my yard, lol. ::)

Eu_citzen said:
pookie said:
what exactly are "hot rocks"? metallic rocks? ???
Eu_citzen said:
Thanks Kelly for the kind words. :)

HellCat the idea is if you find a piece, ground balance over it this can cancel out some hot rocks and may work for coke to.

Though the XP has a special 'UK' version of their metal detectors specifically because of the coke this is a very big issue for some detectors like the ACE series.

Much of the coke is magnetic to; this is a good hint if it's coke or not.

Have you made your choice yet?

Ahh, new are you? Hot rocks are mineralized rocks. (aka rocks that contain conductive minerals like iron oxide)
 
Actually I kinda take back what I said about the RS Discovery 2000. I think I just needed to learn how to use it better. I'm starting to like it now and it picks up a lot of good signals.
 
My first detector was a Bounty Hunter Land ranger, great machine but after 7 yrs. I'm still learning stuff about it. It's digital and has a lot of bells and whistles. Then I bought a White's Classic 5 ID. I find myself reaching for it more often than not. I's a great machine especially for a beginner. Just be sure to read your manual and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. There's no ground balancing or other distrracting stuff you basically just turn it on and go huntin'! I've bought both of them from Kellyco online and have always been satisfied, they're good people. I have no connection or monetary interest in them I'm just a satisfied customer. Believe me they will help in any way they can. Hope this helps!

izzitcat
 
If you haven't already got your detector you might want to look at the M6. On guy from across the big pond, GAZ, sure liked it. Eu-Citzen might be able to get you in touch with him.
 
Indeed I know Gaz, a nice bloke.

But still I think the XP's would be superior to most other machines, when it comes to trashy roman sites.
Read the reviews, I have yet to find ONE negative one on those machines.

According to what I hear it has the quickest recovery speed on the market, wire less headphones, no cables in your way. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom