What's new

Please help with Button ID.

Hodr

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Eclipse 5.3 Coil
So, I don't know anything about buttons and this is the first one I have found that I think might be identifiable (the others being warn smooth flat buttons).

Most of the gilt has warn off (but enough remains that you could tell it was there). Looks like it says imperial on the reverse.

I am posting the front / back, but the photo album also has a much larger front picture if needed.

Please reply if you have any ideas about how old it is and or what it was from.

Eagle_Front.jpg

Eagle_BAck.jpg

Eagle_BAck_Bright.jpg


And the link to the large photo: http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss16/hodr/Eagle_Front_Large.jpg
 
It's a navy button pre1941 After that date the eagle faced the other way. I could't find one exactly like yours and don't ever remember seeing that backmark. I'm thinking yours probably date late 1800's early 1900's
 
Upvote 0
heres one non dug.
 

Attachments

  • button navy eagle.webp
    button navy eagle.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 216
  • button navy eagle.webp
    button navy eagle.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0
Thanks for the help guys. Lots of Navy in my area so that makes sense.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom