Is it a relic?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

asamado

Found this in a site surrounding an old army post and I was wondering if it's a relic.

It?s a ring, looks like electroplated gold on copper except for the bottom part of the ring and is badly corroded. The face dimensions are?
height 22mm
width 15 mm.
The diameter of the ring is about 18 mm. There are not any visible markings.

Thanks

tony

Attachments

• Skull Ring.jpg
    Skull Ring.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 350
  • Skull Ring 3.jpg
    Skull Ring 3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 386

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
That's a Nazi ring!! The shape of the eyes gives it away. I cant find the exact ring, but the eyes are allways shaped like that.
PS dont try to sell it on ebay, youll get banned.
Dano

I still havent found the same ring any where, they usually did better work, so it could be a copy.

OP
OP
A

asamado

asamado said:
Thanks guys.
Could be a pinky ring is very small, maybe a lady's ring it has divided band (Made that way to permit easy adjustment to the wearer's finger-size).

tony

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Heres a similiar looking ring I found although its a different coloring.I seen a few of these on this forum but they were all silver in color.If I remember correctly,they where all found at playgrouds as mine was.

Attachments

• DSC00407.JPG
    DSC00407.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 322
OP
OP
A

asamado

Interesting find think is the same type of skull the eyes looking down don"t remember seeing these before.
Can you tell what type of metal is made off?

tony

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
My ring is fairly clean and theres no marks on the inside.Whatever metal was used has no worth.Yours looks like its copper coated or something.Mine has the same opening on the back as yours and mold lines on the sides.I'm sure there where at least two others found on this forum but silver in color.Type in-----skull ring---at the top of the page and click on search maybe that will work.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nice find, WTG!!!
I don't know much about jewelery, but it's looks to be a copper plating/ over some type af cast metal. I don't think they make anything like that these days. I would think it would have to be fairly old, 30's, 40's?
Good luck on a positive ID, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
A

asamado

The ring is gold plated copper (one mil thick) in the picture (bottom part) you can see where it shows some separation.
Rasrandy ring if it's not silver, could then be nickel? I remember some people used to melt 5 cent coins to craft rings.

Thanks for your replies
tony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread