What's new

please help with time period of this watch and button.

j.dean

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
71
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's V3I, Garrett's AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I have come to realize that the knowledge on this site is near endless.With that being said, I have two finds that I would love to date. The first is a pocket watch that I found at a home that was used as a Civil War hospital. I found it in the same small area as a copper or brass wedding band and a harmonica reed. I am assuming all of these belonged to the same person, and if I could date the watch, I could date the rest.



Second, is a button that I found at an old farmhouse. I know nothing of the history of the house except that the owners of this house moved out and built a much bigger home in the early to mid 1800's, so I am assuming this old button could be from that period or before. It seems to have an eagle head on it, but it is just a outlined side profile of the head with one eye showing.

I would sure appreciate the help on these, as I would love to frame them for my wall with the proper documentation at to time period. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • watchcase.webp
    watchcase.webp
    575 KB · Views: 95
  • watchfront.webp
    watchfront.webp
    329.6 KB · Views: 102
  • watchback.webp
    watchback.webp
    320 KB · Views: 99
  • buttonfront.webp
    buttonfront.webp
    205.6 KB · Views: 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom