What's new

Pocket Knife or Straight Blade Razor?

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this piece and I am curious of it's age?
Also are the letters J V or I V the manufacturers or are they initials of the person who owned it.
I think it is made of pewter but not positive.
Thanks for your help.
 

Attachments

  • jv 001.webp
    jv 001.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 359
  • jv 003.webp
    jv 003.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 344
That's a beautiful pocket knife!
 
Upvote 0
I would go with a pocket knife too. A straight blade razor would be a tad bit longer, like about 5" or more inches.
 
Upvote 0
Gentlemans pocket knife to mine eye.

What does the blade have stamped on it?
 
Upvote 0
searcher said:
Gentlemans pocket knife to mine eye.

What does the blade have stamped on it?

Blade is gone, rusted away.
Thanks everyone for your replies, maybe someone can date this knife.
 
Upvote 0
Awesome pocket knife :hello2: Person left, horse and hut on right?
 
Upvote 0
Punch in "antique pocket knife JV" Google it. You'll see a link reading "Americana-Antiques and art western cowboy and indian" Under the thread heading someone talks of a knife bearing the initials JV thinking it may be someones initials. Good luck
 
Upvote 0
Darn, I was hoping that the stub was part of the blade and that the maker had stamped it deep.
 
Upvote 0
Well done Spike! I think a lot of us who've been plodding through searches that always seemed to end in "case pocket knives" know how much "leg work" went into finding something similar!
 
Upvote 0
Most of us remember seeing similar knives and I couldn't have found this pic without the image search function. Checking similar hits and then changing wording in search based these hits. I think it was 'antique silver pocket knives' for this image.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom