What's new

Point Restoration?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,741
Reaction score
12,697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anybody ever had a point professionally restored? Does it hurt the value, not that it matters because I would never sell any of my finds. I was told this is a Tallahassee Dalton(?). I found it in southwest Georgia several years ago. Is the base made that way with just a little piece broke off?
 

Attachments

  • point 1.webp
    point 1.webp
    529.1 KB · Views: 131
  • point 2.webp
    point 2.webp
    103.4 KB · Views: 110
  • point 3.webp
    point 3.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
The ding does look fresh from what I can see in the photos, but that side of the base like it has been said looks like it was unfinished. It just to wide and thick, looks like it was not worked down at all. Great point but JMO I would leave it as it is.:occasion14:

I agree the ding does look fresh, and I'd say it caused the other side to blow out like it did.

I agree that portion looks un-worked too, but, I'd say that is because it wasn't worked after the damage occurred.

I can't see that thing being an unfinished point, just damaged a bit, the base looks nicely ground, something I doubt you would see on a piece with the base not finished. But I am not a knapper, maybe one will chime in.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom