What's new

Point?

JohnDee1

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
314
Reaction score
474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I found this coming out of a bank. I think it’s an artifact, but I need validation. If it is one, does anyone have an idea from what era? Thanks again! 672C9D91-6297-41A3-BCA0-FB933C36F58D.webp 60067EC5-0121-4C94-80C7-2B79AF2B8630.webp DC47DA65-29E8-4986-98B0-075D9B5A8304.webp 55A4EE0F-5336-40A0-B11C-748F4988F2D8.webp CCE72566-3E22-4926-83EA-B616785F8796.webp
 
Upvote 0
Mother Nature playing tricks again. You got the right shape, but no working by man.
 
Nope. Mean prank by Mother Nature.
 
Natural , looks like possibly petrified wood in either case not a material that would be good to use for knapping.
 
Thanks for the replies, it’s a letdown that it’s just a rock, but you guys are right. Though one thing to take away is the importance of quality pictures. The ones I used were really bad, and obscured it even being recognizable as quartz. Thanks again for the help!299AD77B-6FC8-4302-80D8-39BF9FB8EAAE.webp How it looked when it fooled me.
 
I’m jealous that it’s sandal weather where you live ..... gonna be a few months before I break mine out
 
I agree, just a rock.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom