Police Are Now Entering and Inspecting Homes to “Prevent Crimes”

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

Landlords in Texas are allegedly allowing police inside homes for “inspections.”

By Kit Daniels
Infowars.com
August 9, 2013

Waco, Texas police officers are now allegedly entering apartments and rental homes on “crime prevention” inspections.

An alleged inspection notice from the Sanger Oaks Apartments’ management states that the Waco Police Department will inspect “security features” inside apartments as part of the Waco Crime Free Multi-Housing Program.

The Waco Police Department created the program in order to build a partnership between the police and property managers to “keep drugs and other illegal activity” out of rental properties.

The police train landlords on “applicant screening, recognizing illegal drug activity, combating crime problems, the eviction process, managing risks, and working with the police.”

Landlords in the program must also meet standard security requirements for the dwellings and common areas as outlined under Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design.

The requirements include metal dead bolts, eye viewers in front doors and strike plates, which according to the notice the police will inspect.

If police are alone inside your apartment or rental house, what really prevents them from digging through your closet, your drawers, and even your trash?

In 2001, after an informant accused Daniel Serrano of cocaine dealing, an Austin police detective picked through Serrano’s trash can, which was sitting out in the street in front of his house.

The detective found a “plastic baggie with white powder residue” in the garbage.

The residue tested positive for cocaine.

A court granted the detective a warrant to search Serrano’s house based on his garbage can find.

Police found cocaine inside Serrano’s home and arrested him.

He was later convicted of cocaine possession with intent to deliver.

The Texas District Court, however, reversed Serrano’s conviction, stating that because trash cans sitting outside are readily accessible to the public, the cocaine residue could have easily been planted by someone else.

Serrano beat the charge because the evidence obtained for a search warrant was found outside of his home.

But what if police “uncover” evidence against you inside your home while checking the deadbolts on a “crime prevention” inspection?

What would stop them from saying that they “smelled marijuana,” claiming that it gave them “probable cause” to search through your closet and drawers?

Police could also easily identify gun owners for future confiscations through these inspections.

Even further, what would prevent a corrupt cop from planting false evidence on your property?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, this is a toughie. Once upon a time I was tasked with rehabbing an apartment complex of about 300 units after a private management company bought it from some government agency or another. About 1/3 of the units were condemned and unlivable. There was a shooting about once a week. We spent alot of time replacing entry doors because the cops loved breaking them in instead of using a passkey (shock and awe I guess). It got to the point that I did not allow any of my employees to be there before 9 am or after 3 pm. I nearly thought I would have to issue them all guns.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Whacko, I mean Waco is an interesting place. Baddies and goodies? Well, maybe not so baddies. Baylor(Jerusalem on the Brazos)is the bastion of Southern Baptists in Texas. The rest of the city is not too cool. Lots of crime, drugs and way too many thugs. If the lease has that written in and you sign it, I guess it's kosher. But time and court cases will tell. My work friend, club co-sponsor, girlfriend's daughter went to Baylor back about 1990. We made her stay in a dorm after we visited many apt. complexes. My only opinion on all this is if I had to live there, YES, search all apartments and then make the police take turns staying with me in mine. Very interesting. And of course, if I have offended any Waco resident, sorry, but I seriously doubt you live in an apt. A trailer maybe...

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Landlords in Texas are allegedly allowing police inside homes for “inspections.”

By Kit Daniels
Infowars.com
August 9, 2013

Waco, Texas police officers are now allegedly entering apartments and rental homes on “crime prevention” inspections.

An alleged inspection notice from the Sanger Oaks Apartments’ management states that the Waco Police Department will inspect “security features” inside apartments as part of the Waco Crime Free Multi-Housing Program.

The Waco Police Department created the program in order to build a partnership between the police and property managers to “keep drugs and other illegal activity” out of rental properties.

The police train landlords on “applicant screening, recognizing illegal drug activity, combating crime problems, the eviction process, managing risks, and working with the police.”

Landlords in the program must also meet standard security requirements for the dwellings and common areas as outlined under Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design.

The requirements include metal dead bolts, eye viewers in front doors and strike plates, which according to the notice the police will inspect.

If police are alone inside your apartment or rental house, what really prevents them from digging through your closet, your drawers, and even your trash?

In 2001, after an informant accused Daniel Serrano of cocaine dealing, an Austin police detective picked through Serrano’s trash can, which was sitting out in the street in front of his house.

The detective found a “plastic baggie with white powder residue” in the garbage.

The residue tested positive for cocaine.

A court granted the detective a warrant to search Serrano’s house based on his garbage can find.

Police found cocaine inside Serrano’s home and arrested him.

He was later convicted of cocaine possession with intent to deliver.

The Texas District Court, however, reversed Serrano’s conviction, stating that because trash cans sitting outside are readily accessible to the public, the cocaine residue could have easily been planted by someone else.

Serrano beat the charge because the evidence obtained for a search warrant was found outside of his home.

But what if police “uncover” evidence against you inside your home while checking the deadbolts on a “crime prevention” inspection?

What would stop them from saying that they “smelled marijuana,” claiming that it gave them “probable cause” to search through your closet and drawers?

Police could also easily identify gun owners for future confiscations through these inspections.

Even further, what would prevent a corrupt cop from planting false evidence on your property?

You need to recognize the distinction between you and this situation.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is something wrong with this. If you call the cops, tell them someone is threatening your life and home, they'll tell you there is NOTHING they can do, until a crime has been committed!

We got a few sections here in S.Florida, the cops will not even go in to them! (well, maybe now, that they got tanks and riot gear), but even now, if you need an ambulance in those areas, they will tell you to bring the victim down to the corner. They will not go up in to the apartment complexes. if you are white, you don't even go down certain streets after dark.
For anyone in this area that doubts me, think 31st ave, from Oakland Park to Davie Blvd. Them apartments around 19th or so, are the ones I refer to. My cousins friend got shot in there, almost bled to death, they would not come in to get him out.

There is another agenda going on, with all this police state legislation, I don't think it is for lifting up the American ppl either. Bunch a wanna be Nazi's running around, imho.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is something wrong with this. If you call the cops, tell them someone is threatening your life and home, they'll tell you there is NOTHING they can do, until a crime has been committed!

That's not the way it is around here. And should be everywhere.

rizzobtk

Jul 17, 2013
well if your not trying to offend any wacoan then you shouldnt say offensive things. Now its my turn. I have lived in and around Waco my entire life minuse the four years of military service and can assure you that MANY of us dont like the way out of towners come here for Baylor and act like fools because they dont want to **** in their own yard, they think Im away from home and can do what i want and come here with a ****ed up a
attatuide much like yours that they are better than the locals with your trailer comment. I do live in a trailer due to 3 divorces all represented by the pices of **** lawyers and later judges that Baylor turns out. Baylor controls Waco City Consol to the Judges so if you don't like Waco maybe you should look at yourself. Now **** off.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
according to the supreme court --your trash can along the curb and what it contains is "fair game" for the cops to look at for signs of criminal activity * --so be careful if your doing anything criminal about how you "dispose" of possible evidence that can and will be used against you to obtain search warrants and wiretaps *

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
according to the supreme court --your trash can along the curb and what it contains is "fair game" for the cops to look at for signs of criminal activity * --so be careful if your doing anything criminal about how you "dispose" of possible evidence that can and will be used against you to obtain search warrants and wiretaps *

I don't think it ends at your curb Either.
It doesn't Physically end these days till it rots too much at the Landfill to be Located.

ad to that people put US currency back together,

Don't think for a second a paper shredder
ends it.

Fire does.

Burn it, Stir the ashes & burn some more Stir some more etc.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/07/unshreddable.html

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
timothy leary was busted for snot on a Kleenex...removed from his trash can by G. Gordon Libby...
yes, the snot did contain remnants of LSD...

now...how long ago was that? arrested him, took his tenure...

Camron

Tenderfoot
Aug 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the gun control policy most of the state are doing that.But its not a proper way to check the house of any person.I think they must established a proper system to deal with this issue to facilitate the general public.
Brisbane Security

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread