Police: Reserve Officer Beat 4-Year-Old, Put Him in Critical Condition

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Police: Reserve Officer Beat 4-Year-Old, Put Him in Critical Condition

Boy sustained blunt force trauma, seven broken ribs and had to be Life-Flighted to nearby hospital

Adan Salazar
Infowars.com
January 16, 2014

An Oregon reserve officer and former sheriff’s deputy is behind bars after allegedly beating his girlfriend’s four-year-old son nearly to death.

4-year-old boy still in critical condition at the Oregon Health & Science University hospital. / Photo: Salem-News.com

4-year-old boy in critical condition at the Oregon Health & Science University hospital. / Photo: Salem-News.com.
On New Year’s Eve, the boy had to be medivaced to a nearby hospital after sustaining a severe brain injury, internal tearing of his bowel and intestine and seven fractured ribs.

34-year-old Michael Shane Abo, who had worked as a sheriff’s deputy for the Yamhill County Sheriff’s Department from 2008 to November 2012, was arraigned Monday following a grand jury indictment.

Abo told police the boy had fallen down a flight of stairs.

Hospital workers, however, contended the boy’s injuries, which included bruising to several parts of his body, were consistent with blunt force trauma and did not match Abo’s story.

An affidavit stated Abo cared for the boy from Sunday through Thursday while his mother worked, according to CBS News.
Michael Shane Abo, Oregon reserve police officer, accused of beating, critically injuring girlfriend's son, 4 - CBS News

“The court documents also indicate the boy was seriously injured at least twice on two different dates,” reports CBS affiliate KOIN.
Beaten boy has severe brain injury

The boy’s mother claims she never noticed the injuries because Abo wouldn’t let her dress or bathe him.

She said the one time she did notice a bruise to his arm, Abo told her he was teaching the boy “how to wrestle.”

Abo was arrested without incident three days after the boy was rushed to the hospital. Neighbors recalled witnessing armored cars and flash grenades during the raid on his home.

Salem-News.com reports that Abo had used steroids, a drug associated with uncontrollable bouts of rage.

Even other officers condemned the former deputy’s actions. “It’s difficult in that to see a young child who is essentially defenseless hurt in the manner that this young boy was hurt. We want to have the person that’s responsible for this held accountable,” McMinnville Police Capt. Matt Scales told KOIN.

“I think he should be persecuted as far as he can be,” one of Abo’s neighbors lamented to KATU news.

Abo’s attorney was able to get a judge to reduce his bail from $1 million to half a million dollars, but it is still far from the $50,000 bond sought. Abo faces assault and criminal mistreatment charges and is safely being held in the Washington County Jail due to his connection with Yamhill County police.

This article was posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't really say here what I'd like to do with a guy like this.... but I assure you there wouldn't be much talking going on. Any man who treats any child in this manner needs some "special" attention.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There's a special place in Hell for people like him.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Red, just clicked the 'youtube' vid here..scrolled down..and there he is!.."cage fighting". Guess he's "a real tuff guy" against little 4 yr. old boys too. One..sick individual, best keep him locked away. He's proved "what/who" he is!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i was in 6th grade ,....the coppers show up to ask my dad why i had so many black eyes an fat lips, upper arm brusing from fingers...and none of the other little boys were bragging about kickin my butt...
within three minutes...the cop is telling my father how to beat me into shape with out leaving troublesome bruises the liberal teachers whined about.
i am not surprised at this story.
2,500 cases of child abuse round filed in arizona in the last 2 years...yesterday, it is announced 400 children on this rediscovered list,..have been removed from homes for thier saftey...
nothing i can say is fit to hear on this subject...

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was in 6th grade ,....the coppers show up to ask my dad why i had so many black eyes an fat lips, upper arm brusing from fingers...and none of the other little boys were bragging about kickin my butt...
within three minutes...the cop is telling my father how to beat me into shape with out leaving troublesome bruises the liberal teachers whined about.
i am not surprised at this story.
2,500 cases of child abuse round filed in arizona in the last 2 years...yesterday, it is announced 400 children on this rediscovered list,..have been removed from homes for thier saftey...
nothing i can say is fit to hear on this subject...
Hey pwp,..That/this...is a situation no child should have to go though..Period!! Kids are suppose to want to "learn from/ and look-up to" adults...not fear them!...It damages kids for life...not just the moment! :/

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find it very hard to decide what kind of punishment should be meted out for heinous incidents like this. Should he be sentenced to life without parole? Beaten to death slowly? Stoned? Hanged? Lethal injection would be too easy on him. ????????

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find it very hard to decide what kind of punishment should be meted out for heinous incidents like this. Should he be sentenced to life without parole? Beaten to death slowly? Stoned? Hanged? Lethal injection would be too easy on him. ????????

Just bring him to "party" with a group of us older men present. I'm sure a group of us say... about 6-8... could have a hell of a party. We'd think of something cool and maybe various "special" activities. Especially after a few beers I bet our "thinkers" would really kick in. And Mr. Child beater upper would have a blast. He may have other problems after the party but breaking up children wouldn't be one of them.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a few special things I could line up,no problem what so ever.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a few special things I could line up,no problem what so ever.

Yea.. I could just imagine you, Bandit and a few select others and I all pondering what to do with this A-hole. Of course being the gentlemen we are we'd have to respect each others "ideas" and try them all to see who had the best one. We'll let this guy have a vote in the end.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh I promise he would be feeling so much pain even his dead ancestors would be screaming in agony:evil6:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Kids treated that way tend to grow up and in turn beat women and children. Aint good. This guy needs to never see the sun again. This is kind of a sea story, but it's true. A guy I worked with was involved with several others stealing logs from the company. He got caught and sent to prison. At the same time a guy had beaten a kid and left him for dead. They were both being checked into prison at the same time, and there were convicts hooting at the child molester that it was his turn. Scared the heck out of the thief. This creep is going to prison and will have to be in solitary or he won't live long.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Red I have a challenge for you. Just one day a wk find something uplifting to share. Whether it be a cop, politician(I know, that may be impossible) or just an average Joe or Josephine. I hate to think your life is so full of negative info. Put a smile on our faces.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry mama,but by you thinking everything I post is me being negative.That makes you negative not me.I post information,information is neither negative nor positive.Information is just that,information.Not spreading the news that people would otherwise not see if,it wasnt for me,is being negative.Keeping people in the dark is being negative,supplying people with knowledge is being positive.You shouldnt need good news or articles to be cheerful.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I think RJC is a true positive patriot, while some of the stories may be grim, without him I would have to scour the web to find those stories, and them stories are what keeps the morale up amongst the umm troops here in Michigan, to keep up the good fight against the evil ones, that want us all to just roll over and be good little puppets..Not on my watch.

Keep on keeping on RJC..it is the folks like you that keep me going.

Mike

PS what I read in the course of the week that RJC shares, is relayed on Sunday mornings at the colonel's house, and I ain't talking the mans army..we don't take orders from the anti-americans running that big house in Washington!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red I have a challenge for you. Just one day a wk find something uplifting to share. Whether it be a cop, politician(I know, that may be impossible) or just an average Joe or Josephine. I hate to think your life is so full of negative info. Put a smile on our faces.

Since were on this tread about a man breaking up a small boy.... what possible outcome would be "uplifting" to anybody? All I can personally think of is negative happenings for this guy. And the only "uplifting" thing is for a bunch of us getting our hands on this guy before he goes to prison. There's nothing here on this thread for a "uplifting" note to be said. And if some bleeding hearts feels sorry for this guy just send a check to his lawyer. And after my mentioned "party" above going to prison would be a walk thru the park. I hate perverts who abuse women and children... PERIOD!!!!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And after my mentioned "party" above going to prison would be a walk thru the park.

Me thinks he wouldnt be walking anywhere:laughing7:Except maybe through the gates of hell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread