What's new

Police shoot gator twice, then realize its fake

savant365

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
3,941
Reaction score
72
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Police shoot gator twice, then realize it's fake

Independence police responding to an alligator sighting in a suburban Kansas City pond took quick action to dispatch the big reptile.

It wasn't until after the second rifle shot bounced off the beast's head Saturday evening that the three officers realized it was a concrete lawn ornament.

Independence police spokesman Tom Gentry says a resident called to report that his children spotted a gator while playing in the woods near the pond.

After a conservation agent advised police to kill the gator if they felt it posed a danger, an officer shot it twice in the head before realizing it wasn't moving.

Gentry says the gator was partially submerged in weeds and looked real in the growing darkness.

The landowner says it was meant to scare off children.



Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/06/0...its.html#storylink=omni_popular#ixzz1O9a7AHBG

I tried to think of something funny to say with this but the story just speaks for itself.

HH Charlie
 
Re: Police shoot gator twice, then realize it's fake

I can't say anything. I once shot a tarantula 4 times before realising it was a rubber one thrown into my yard by next door's kids! Doh! :laughing9:
 
Re: Police shoot gator twice, then realize it's fake

looks like the comments under it are funny Enough :laughing7:
 
Re: Police shoot gator twice, then realize it's fake

The last line is the best

"The landowner says it was meant to scare off children."

What a nice neighbor, he will probably sue the city for damaging his property now ::)
 
Re: Police shoot gator twice, then realize it's fake

I Think he needs to put a Stone Cop in it.

This would Definately scare Children
& the cops wont shoot then :thumbsup:
 
Re: Police shoot gator twice, then realize it's fake

jeff of pa said:
I Think he needs to put a Stone Cop in it.

This would Definately scare Children
& the cops wont shoot then :thumbsup:

I wouldn't bet on that in Independence. ::)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom