65gt350 said:
Do you have to put your account number on the bag? Where does WF send the bags to? Do they have their own cash vault or do they ship it directly to the FED?
Since I take them to different branches they all make up their own rules.
One branch gave me the tear off stub on the top, as a receipt.
Another branch refused to give me the stub. He said that they keep it for themselves when they turn in the coins. I made him write the bag's number on my dep receipt.
Wells Fargo wants the bags so they can turn them in to the delivery truck. I guess any rolls turned in have to stay there but full ($500) bags get to go. I never got too personal about questions on what happens to the coins after I leave. I did ask my credit union that question once and she said, "Oh, I can't say for security reasons" This was right after I had seen a brinks type truck pull out of their parking lot as I came in. If there was real security issues the armored car should be disguised as a MILK TRUCK
Another bank I use wants $500 in an unsealed canvas bag. They wait till I bring in $1000 and then they can ship them off. They are happy to do this and give me the bags.