What's new

Poll: Whant to see how many CRhs keep Halves Clad Proofs vs Dumpers

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of talk about impaired Kenn S halves clad proofs.

No market for them, many CRhunters dump them back, others keeps them.

Want to hear from all of you to see what the vast majority say.


DW
 
Upvote 0
I'm dumping all impaired clad proofs, dumping all 2002 and later clad NIFC's, keeping some clad 1987s, and keeping the silver of course. :)
 
Atx_Kt

I think that even the 1987 is not worth keeping it.

below are the prices for the 1987 Clad full proof mint set
and the 1987 Clad full Mint Set in uncirculated condition.

So one 87 circulated won't be worth anything.

1987 US Mint Proof
$6.95
(Kenn 1987 Clad S Included)



1987 US Mint Set
$5.95
(Kenn Clad 87D and Kenn Clad 87P Included)


I but well some think that one day will be worth something.

DW
 
I only keep the best impaired proofs out of curiosity to build a complete set from the wild. The set is upgraded as I discover better ones. No need to keep extras as they are worthless besides the face value. NIFC aren't kept either as their is an ample supply that is hoarded by collectors in mint rolls and bags. Once the set is complete, I'll probably release them back into the wild.
 
I keep the clad proofs if they are nice examples, only because I'm a collector. And I like shiny things. ffd
 
I keep the nice condition ones when I don;t see no silver so it makes me feel like i found something
 
Hell All; I sell all my impaired proofs to local coin dealer for .80 each. 16.00 dollars a roll which all helps. good luck to you all.
 
I just traded a roll of proofs to a lady who loves them for a roll of mixed bens and walkers. Think ill hold on to mine for future trades.
 
JD-GA said:
I just traded a roll of proofs to a lady who loves them for a roll of mixed bens and walkers. Think ill hold on to mine for future trades.

Uh-ha, lets not forget the Indians traded their lands for beads to the pilgrims too; not all people have their wits about them- remember the guy who sold several Gold coins at a garage sale for couple dollars? Think the Forum member returned them telling him they were Gold, or at least he said he did.
 
Fistfulladirt said:
I keep the clad proofs if they are nice examples, only because I'm a collector. And I like shiny things. ffd

Me too, I'm easily amused.... ;D
 
If they are really impared, give them out as tips or to kids at Halloween. You'll be a hero!
rileyboy
 
I keep all proofs. More so than NIFC's. I keep a roll of every year and mint mark so why wouldn't I try to fill a roll of ea. year in clad proofs... I'm actually pretty close on a couple of years, believe it or not.

I do however throw back severely damaged ones.

Mojo
 
TXTim said:
Fistfulladirt said:
I keep the clad proofs if they are nice examples, only because I'm a collector. And I like shiny things. ffd

Me too, I'm easily amused.... ;D

Me three. I hold fairly decent ones and throw back very worn ones. I have more than 200 pieces now.
 
I keep all clad proofs and NIFC (at least so far). They may not be worth much, but other than trying to get a complete set of proofs and a complete roll of each year and mintmark of NIFC from the wild, I am hoping to use them for trade someday to help complete a set for someone else doing the same thing.
 
obediah said:
JD-GA said:
I just traded a roll of proofs to a lady who loves them for a roll of mixed bens and walkers. Think ill hold on to mine for future trades.

Uh-ha, lets not forget the Indians traded their lands for beads to the pilgrims too; not all people have their wits about them- remember the guy who sold several Gold coins at a garage sale for couple dollars? Think the Forum member returned them telling him they were Gold, or at least he said he did.

I received my proofs for face value. She received her bens and walkers for face value. I didnt like my proofs, she didnt care for her bens. I liked her bens and walkers, she liked my proofs. If im evil for accepting this trade when both parties are more than pleased than we are all evil for accepting others misfortunes for turning in their valuable coins at banks for face value. At least i know the lady who gave me the bens and walkers got something out of it she was happy with instead of the 50c we usually give.

Also I didnt initiate or suggest the trade. I was asked if I had any nifcs or proofs to fill her half dollar book in exchange for bens and walkers that she has "whole bunches" of.
 
Hmmm...I dunno what I'll do as I haven't found one yet. I imagine it will go into the keeper pile unless its really scratched up - same as the NIFCs.
 
GMan00001 said:
I keep all clad proofs and NIFC (at least so far). They may not be worth much, but other than trying to get a complete set of proofs and a complete roll of each year and mintmark of NIFC from the wild, I am hoping to use them for trade someday to help complete a set for someone else doing the same thing.

Ditto, besides I do believe that their low mintages will garner a premium. It's just a matter of when.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom