What's new

Poor attempt on reproduction

dognose

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
4,563
Reaction score
13,168
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Can't copy the text correctly from the label to tag.

I've never heard of that type of flint, an axe style yes. flint no.

The 2nd point from the right looks to be a flintridge nethers variety.

Seen at an "antique" shop in Columbus Indiana
1000023487.webp
 
Upvote 0
Yep, the old Kea Kuk tribe. WTF? Fakes that look like they were all made by the same person. That last Dovetail looks an awful lot like a Clovis.
 
I viewed a fabulous collection last week at a place called the Mammoth site in South Dakota. They were all genuine imo.
 

Attachments

  • 20260316_115846.webp
    20260316_115846.webp
    625.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20260316_115739.webp
    20260316_115739.webp
    341.9 KB · Views: 61
I've always wanted to visit there. I hope to someday.
The artifacts on display were not any part of a human kill site, but only there as a wonderful display. The site where all these bones are found is the result of a sinkhole pond that had a steep clay perimeter the animals would slip down into this muddy pond trying to reach the fresh vegetation growing around this muddy pit. After they fell in it was like quicksand and they became trapped 140'000 years ago.
 

Attachments

  • 20260316_112504.webp
    20260316_112504.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
  • 20260316_112207.webp
    20260316_112207.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 20260316_112330.webp
    20260316_112330.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I've read and have seen videos about the site. I really like prehistoric museums and sites like that.
Me to. When I was a traveling peddler, I would hit, thrift stores, antique shops and museums large and small in the places I would go. It was a wonderful experience that was all paid for by my employers. So many smaller town musems are out there to visit. For me it all began in the Chicago area, where my mother spent a lot of time exposing me to museums and natural sites. I was so fascinated with the Chicago museum of science and industry back then. I still have this souvenir I got back then of a ceramic t-rex roughly 63 years ago. It's leg broke shortly after I got it, which still bums me out.
 

Attachments

  • 20260322_061004.webp
    20260322_061004.webp
    489.4 KB · Views: 56
That’s an amazing collection but a horrible way to display them. Thousands of dollars of paleo points sitting precariously on a shelf.😳 People should have more sense. It seems common sense is not that common anymore!
 
Can't copy the text correctly from the label to tag.

I've never heard of that type of flint, an axe style yes. flint no.

The 2nd point from the right looks to be a flintridge nethers variety.

Seen at an "antique" shop in Columbus Indiana
View attachment 2248177

The Ohio piece shouldn't have replaced a prior one. Both the free /loose tag above and the label indicate a missing different piece it looks like.
( I once acquired a new handgun for the price of a used one due to a recycled tag.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom