Poor Fluffy, She will be missed... AND SILVER!!!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Well I got to get out and do a little detecting today.. I went out earlier in the week (Thursday) but my head and my heart just wasn't in it, what I did find that day stayed in my finds pouch till this afternoon. I have finds from both Thursday and from today in there.. so it's a combined "report" if you will.
As some of you may know, my wife Val was in the hospital earlier this week. She's home now, came home Friday afternoon. While she's still not back to 100%, she's feeling and doing much better now. It's always better to be home to recover when you can. Anyway, as I was saying, I got to get out and detect for about an hour today. While I didn't find much in the way of coin, maybe a little over a dollar in clad, I did find a couple of pieces of silver!
Not Silver coin mind you, I found a rather HEAVY earring Silver (but no stamp) with a copper or bronze wire in the center.. looks reminiscent of heavy silver Navajo Indian made jewelery.. only there's no turquoise. The second piece of silver was a small charm.. looks like a crown or a tiara.. it *IS* stamped Sterling on the inside.

12-01-07 006.jpg

12-01-07 007.jpg

12-01-07 008.jpg

12-01-07 009.jpg

The Key and remote seen in the pictures was found Thursday afternoon in a different park. The young man that lost them saw me sitting at a picnic table with my metal detector and asked me if I'd found a key by any chance. At that time I had to tell him 'no', but as I was leaving the park later, I *DiD* find them.. but he had already left and I had no way of contacting him. *sigh* Oh well.. just another key in my growing collection of lost, now found, keys. It's the same remote as the one for my wife's car.. guess I could salvage the battery. <shrug>

12-01-07 004.jpg

Along with the key and remote, some other finds that I remember from Thursday were, pull tabs of course.. some clad.. about $2.00 or so worth. I found some scrap metal... no cartridges this time though.
Today's finds include, more clad, a button, the remains of a pair of glasses, a big "blade" from a metal fence post I think.. some sort of electrical cover or fixture. It rang up as a 50 cent piece.. I got all excited for nothing.. <grin>

12-01-07 003.jpg

Not far from the cover plate/fixture/whatever, I found an old fuse.. at first I thought it was another spent cartridge.. the one end kind of looks like a cartridge anyway. I found what looks to me like the top of an old salt shaker.. a bit worse for wear though. There were bottle caps, a battery (CITIPOWER!!!) <rolling eyes> I found a Droid right out of Star Wars in the tot lot <grin>. I found a piece of copper tubing, a button, a plastic "gem star" One side is silvered the other is green <shrug>.
The last thing I found.. was hunger pangs! Besides the cold wind blowing around me for my short hunt this afternoon, the ambient temperature was steadily going down, down, down.. as I write this it is now about 29 degrees outside. It was almost 40 degrees (F) when I began my hunt today. Got to love that cool crisp arctic air that our good neighbors to the north in Canada send our way this time of year... brrrr... at least the ground wasn't frozen.. yet.
Well here is the compilation of Thursday's and Today's finds... It was nice to be able to get out and relax a bit, and finding treasures is always nice too.

12-01-07 002.jpg

Oh.. and Poor Fluffy? Well it's the name on a pet's Tag I found Thursday afternoon.. It had a local number engraved on it, but I didn't bother to call. I found the tag a good two inches down in the soil... and no, it wasn't attached to a collar or a corpse. <laughing> I'm thinking Fluffy somehow or another got her collar off or the tag slipped the ring or something. For all I know Fluffy is still alive and well.. with a new tag and collar somewhere near the park. If she's not.. well.. no sense in putting salt in the wound so to speak. I'll just add Fluffy's tag to my growing collection of other pet id tags and vaccination tags. I'm gonna need a bigger "treasure chest" before too long. <grin>

Happy Hunting Everyone !!

Frodov

Upvote 0

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Another classic post by a great writer. Did you take a Creative writing course? :D Keep up the passion, my friend.

BDD...Kirk

P.S. I am glad to hear Val is getting better. :)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
zoyboy said:
Another classic post by a great writer. Did you take a Creative writing course? :D Keep up the passion, my friend.

BDD...Kirk

P.S. I am glad to hear Val is getting better. :)

Darn you, zoy, for not signing out. >:( :D ;D

Bone Dry Detecting...Kirk

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Good to hear that your spousal unit is home and recovering. Nice hunt, I'm surprised that its so cold in Kentucky; I thought you must have been somewhere near Michigan by the 29 degree temperature. We have snow & freezing rain right now. Went to a sand tot lot yesterday and the sand was frozen solid! Keep up the good work.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and a great post Frodov.
Hope your wife has a speedy and complete recovery.
Don't ya just hate this cold weather---

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Hi Frodo,

A little secret about that car remote....

Step one
You take the battery out and get out the operators manual for your wife's car.

Step two
Replace the battery with a new one and use the prescribed method to program the remote
(as described in the manual)

Step three
Once the thing is supposedly programmed. Check to make sure it works.

Step four
Have an extra key made and keep it in your pocket.
inform your wife to call you when she locks herself out of her car.

You will have a functioning spare

Mine has come in very handy.
LOL

OD

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great finds Frodov, WTG!!!
Glad to hear your wife is doing better...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Leon said:
Great finds Frodov, WTG!!!
Glad to hear your wife is doing better...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

That goes double for me. Hang in there.
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread