What's new

POP!... Goes the Weasel

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this little guy yesterday. It's a Pine Marten who has a Willow Tree for a hideout. It's a member of the Weasel family and I'm glad I had my camera handy, because you don't see them all that much, let alone one that gives you enough time to take a few pictures.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170909_052811.webp
    IMG_20170909_052811.webp
    865 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20170909_052851.webp
    IMG_20170909_052851.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20170909_052925.webp
    IMG_20170909_052925.webp
    962.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
THAT is a cool pic Grant!

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Thanks! Chris. I made a run up in the mountains yesterday and I had to take a pit stop. I was standing there relieving myself and saw this little guy on a rock and it immediately took off running. I saw it head to this big old Willow and I quickly zipped up and grabbed the camera and started scanning around looking for this little rascal. Then I saw it poking its head out of that tree and that was the first shot. I slowly move to the left and took the second. Then a little more to the left and closer to get the last shot. He just kept his eye on me and allowed me to get a few pictures of him. They're cute little guys unless you're a chipmunk or baby bird in a nest. It's about half the size of a gray squirrel.
 
Last edited:
Now that is cool...:occasion14:

Almost the same exact coloring as a Lesser Weasel, and at that size, it
looks like a weasel. I know there's Pine Martin in Colorado, and they are
colored the same as weasels, and usually about the size of a mink. Both
are elusive little critters, so congrats on capturing one!
 
They are ALL good,but this one strikes me.

IMG_20170909_052811.webp

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Last edited:
That is so cool. I want one
 
he looks like a little rascal
 
Reminds me of a pet ferret i used to have named Ozzie. Quite a character
 
#1 - He's soooo cute!
#3 - T M I! Lol!
That being said, very nice pic's!
 
Reminds me of a pet ferret i used to have named Ozzie. Quite a character

Best little critter I ever had was a ferret,Scratt was his name that little guy would follow you anywhere.
 
Last edited:
You were in the right spot at the right time to get those pictures. Well done, great shots of a hard to photograph critter.
 
Thanks Mate, I thought so myself it was a rare opportunity. Now I know where it's hideout is. It seemed really safe and secure in that hole. Other ones I've seen hide out in rock piles. Looking further into it I believe it's a long tail weasel, instead of a pine marten.
 
Wow outstanding! Nobody I know has gotten a pic of that one, not even the local paper's wildlife photographer who apparently keeps a zoo in his backyard and lets them out for 'candid photos'.
 
Thanks for sharing. That is just awesome... a wild weasel in the woods... such a cool predator.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom