Porcelain License Plates (Wanted and Hints)

• Thread starter alabamaplateguy
  • Start date
A

alabamaplateguy

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
G'day, I used to find and sell old plates. The only recent find was a 1916 Indiana that I found in the crotch of a tree in my backyard. I put it on ebay. The best places for better condition plates are on the inside walls of barns, sheds and garages. Occasionally you can get hundreds of sets at an estate sale. They aren't cheap but you get a bunch of them. The older smaller junkyards used to have wheelbarrows and drums full of them. Don't see that much anymore. exanimo, ss

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello alabamaplateguy,
I recently found a 1913 Ind plate that was porcelin, but I would hate to part with it.

Ind1913.gif

There is a site where I ask questions about it that you may be interested in: www.platetrading.com

Good Luck, & Happy Hunting~

C

cathiwim

:) Hi there. Just sold a 1909 Virginia porcelain plate yesterday, with the car that was attached to it! It was my husband's grandfather's sales car. 1909 Brush Runabout, excellent condition, with provenance letter, dated 1963. Wish I could help, will look when I can...cathi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions