Where to start??

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Just got permission to hunt on a 2 acre parcel in Central Indiana that was once a site for a Fur Trader's Post in the 1830's and then a general store and Post office thru the 1960's. Supposedly no one has ever detected on this ground. There is still one main building but a couple of other foundations on the site. Will let you know about any good finds...Going this Weekend.( if I can get a kitchen pass) :-)

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) Hope you have some great finds.This i know is not the answer you were looking for but i could not help but to search around the old foundations first for any fast finds couse i cant stand it.Thin i would work the site in grids and go back over with new settings of the MD.I have found some nice realics and medals on sites that i never took out one coin.Ithink it must be from selective digs from other hunters.Wish you the best of luck and be sure to post your finds.Would like to see how you do.HH

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
I live in Muncie, I found a web site that had an old township map site that helped me MD the small town I have been detecting for the last year. here is the site and It may contain a link to the area your looking to detect. Any other way I may be able to help let me know. Good luck & HH Dave.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~acorntree/index.html

p.s. look at all the links for help

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
:o Do you need a sherpa? I'm in Dayton and can cary gear and booty...........and I can bring you lunch and...........etc. Sounds great!!!! Good Luck! Look for bottle dumps too. Thanks, Daytondigger ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread