Possiable burried money under house.

bmelvin20

Mar 11, 2013
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys and gals. My In-law's house was built in the late 40s. When they bought the house they added on to it with a bedroom and bath. When they were working on it a guy who was either related to or was good friends with they guy who built and lived in the house until my inlaws moved in, stopped by to talk. The rumor is that him and his wife never got along or something so he burried all his money under the porch. Which is now where the new addition sits. Is it worth taking my at pro under the house hoping to pull up some mason jars. Or coins?

Upvote 0

DomCal

Jun 15, 2011
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Ace 250
Hey guys and gals. My In-law's house was built in the late 40s. When they bought the house they added on to it with a bedroom and bath. When they were working on it a guy who was either related to or was good friends with they guy who built and lived in the house until my inlaws moved in, stopped by to talk. The rumor is that him and his wife never got along or something so he burried all his money under the porch. Which is now where the new addition sits. Is it worth taking my at pro under the house hoping to pull up some mason jars. Or coins?

I'd be out there hunting regardless. You can bet that there are some coins and other stuff to be had since the house was built in the 40s.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really had to ask? I'd have already done it! :laughing7:

S

stefen

If you see a $100 bill laying on the ground, I suppose that you'd look both ways then walk on...right?

OP
OP
bmelvin20

bmelvin20

Mar 11, 2013
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess what I was really asking is more of a what are the odds of there being something actually being there

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that you really don't have anything to lose. A little time, a little dirt on your pants. You are always looking for a nw place to hunt amyway. There could actually be something there!

Good luck!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if you don't find a hoard, surely a few coins were dropped when it was still a porch there.

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
depending on the time the guy lived there. Think about it. After the depression people didn't trust banks. Hell I don't to this day. I'd rather have money (which is really worthless, unless it's silver) in my pocket. Than a piece of plastic. So a lot of people did stash money. My grandma gave me coins she kept. gl hh let me know if u find something

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess what I was really asking is more of a what are the odds of there being something actually being there
The odds are zero........unless you look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions