Possible Damage To A Delivery Of A Detector

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I have a new detector being delivered by UPS, UGGG, I hate UPS, and it shows to be in Sulpher Springs Texas, delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Outside temps there are hitting 106 today. I can just imagine that "brown" truck parked outside in the sun with my new detector. Me? I always bring my detector gear inside.

Thoughts about the damage it will have cooking in this weather?

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It'll be fine. It probably sat in a hot warehouse (or container on a cargo ship) long before it got on that truck. Most computers run hotter while running in an air conditioned room.

OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
It'll be fine. It probably sat in a hot warehouse (or container on a cargo ship) long before it got on that truck. Most computers run hotter while running in an air conditioned room.
It came from New Jersey and I doubt a cargo ship had 106 degree temps, plus it would have been in a large cargo hold in a ship.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worry after you see if it's even broke. if it arrives broke report it to the supplier for replacement.
I had a machine arrive broken once. the seller had a replacement on the way the same day and included a shipping label for the broken machines return. and that is why I always buy from trusted dealers from this site and not Amazon and such.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wasting energy worrying without a reason. Temp inside the box plus it's thermal mass and likelyhood of it being loaded in the night or early morning....

But if the truck is that hot , hand the driver a cold drink and give a thank you.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It came from New Jersey and I doubt a cargo ship had 106 degree temps, plus it would have been in a large cargo hold in a ship.
And how did it get to NJ?
Probably on a slow boat from China or neighboring country.
Driver has the AC cranked, open van.

Detector suffering from frostbite.
I wouldn't worry over something that hasn't happened yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread