Possible dragoon box plate or two pice buckle plate

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS and X-Terra 50
Didn't have time to post last night after taking my daughter trick or treating. So I'll have to combine two in this post. Got about four hours in both mornings. Yesterday I dropped back down to my eight inch coil and concentrated more on just the top of the hill. where there is lots of targets and lots of iron to pick through. Picked up a couple more buttons and one half of a snap that may have came off a leather case of some kind. I had just gone off the down slope of the hill and was thinking I should turn around and go up the next row when that little voice in may head says, better go a little bit further. Little voice was right for once next hole gave up a 1892 barber dime. That was pertty much all the excitement for yesterday spent the rest of the day gathering more brass and copper odds and ends. Every day I find Harmonica parts on this site some one must have been quite the harmonica player. Any way as for today the eye detector was much hotter than the MD. Wile the MD was finding brass and copper I looked over to my left and saw a dime shining in the sun.Turns out to be a 54 Rosie. Another hour or so digging and I made my turn to go back up the hill and look down in front and see this round plate about a inch and a half in diameter with a eagle staring back at me. Ive been trying all afternoon to match it up but no luck so far so if anyone recognizes it let me know. I got some bad news tonight my friend that got me the OK to hunt this farm is quiting and going to work on a oil rig. I sure hope I'm still welcome on this site after he go's. There's still two more home sites on this land I haven't even looked at yet. And not even close to being done with this one. I've made sure and covered my holes and not left any trash so I will have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best . HH Good luck and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCN01170001.JPG
    DSCN01170001.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 395
  • DSCN01160001.JPG
    DSCN01160001.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 389
  • DSCN01120001.JPG
    DSCN01120001.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 367
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Heres the Barber dime

Attachments

• DSCN01150001.JPG
    DSCN01150001.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 391
OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Rosie

Attachments

• DSCN01200001.JPG
    DSCN01200001.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 384
OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Box plate -buckle ?

Attachments

• DSCN01180001.JPG
    DSCN01180001.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 380
OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Paul in WA said:
kind of looks like a bullet impact on the lower left side.

Paul
Yes its definitely been hit by a bullet, I laid buckshot in the indention and it fits perfect. Buck and ball maybe.

riverseeker

Oct 11, 2006
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Hey DigginFL, You have some great finds there. I'm in N FL also and just got started last year in MD with some limited success. But its a great time of year to be out looking! Keep up the good work!

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Strikes me as an US Army enlisted man's cap device. WWII perhaps. What sort of attachment device did/does this have on the back? -Ben

OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
nhbenz said:
Strikes me as an US Army enlisted man's cap device. WWII perhaps. What sort of attachment device did/does this have on the back? -Ben
Yes I think your close Ben, I just found this pick of a WWI great seal coat button

Attachments

• greatseal_jpg.jpg
    greatseal_jpg.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 277
OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Back side

Attachments

• DSCN01210001.JPG
    DSCN01210001.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 304
OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
riverseeker said:
Hey DigginFL, You have some great finds there. I'm in N FL also and just got started last year in MD with some limited success. But its a great time of year to be out looking! Keep up the good work!
Yeah River, nice to be able to git out with out the bugs and heat. What part of N. FL. you in. You can PM me if you don't want to post it.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Hmm... actually I believe WWI era is a good possibility, given the pattern (cross-hatch) behind the eagle... but with no relevant guides in front of me, take this with a grain of salt.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and site, love the badge! Good luck keeping the site. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions