What's new

Possible Fossilised Tooth

nkellam22

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2019
Messages
424
Reaction score
795
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Europe
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this tooth at around 6 inches deep in the middle of the woods (pretty much rules out it being a modern toy) in Southern Luxembourg.
It was next to an old creek but nothing else was found at that site other than this.
The biggest animals over here are foxes and wild boar and it cant be from one of them so I'm completely puzzled.
I've found other aquatic fossils in other parts of the country that I have identified to be gryphaea and belemnites.
Any insight is appreciated.

IMG_5490.webpIMG_5491.webpIMG_5493.webp
IMG_5494.webpIMG_5495.webpIMG_5496.webp
IMG_5498.webpIMG_5500.webpIMG_5501.webp

Thanks!
 
Looks like a shark tooth
 
Upvote 0
Maybe Angustidens...just a guess
 
Upvote 0
Indian Steve is correct. It's a deer toe bone and I doubt that its fossilised. Teeth don't have those small holes in them, which are channels for blood supply capillaries.

Toe Bones.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for the ID's Indian Steve and Red Coat. May not be as cool as a sharks tooth but ill take it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom