Possible Improvement to create a new F Series detector?

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If Fisher is paying attention to feedback, they ought to know that they have a potential for a real winner if they combined the build quality of their F70 with the processor from the F75. I have both machines in my possession and looking at them it became obvious to me that if you took the F75 processor and mounted it the way they have the F70 and drop the trigger below the metal bar underneath it'll make for a more secure mount for the trigger and for the base of the processor. Also, I find that arm rest on the F70 is a better design with slots at the top for an optional velcro arm strap. Without the extension supporting the F75 processor you'll save weight as well. And, the S handle configuration of the F70 is a standard configuration that balances well. I think if you combined these features and called it something like the F80, with two coils - a stock coil (optional DD or concentric) and the 6" coil for hunting in trash. And set the price at a mid point between the F75 and F70. If Fisher did this I think they could recapture some of their former glory. Just my 2 cents worth.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
OK, nobody jump on me for this observation. I tested the F75. It was light weight, quick and balanced. But the thing that turned me off right from the start was how wobbly or noodly the control head felt. I could wiggle it around like it was mounted in rubber. Also I didn't like where the off/on control was. When I saw the pictures of the F70 I thought that the configuration was superior to the F75. But the off/ on button should be somewhere else. I have seen several F70's for sale and I don't know why?

OP
OP
B

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is the build quality better on the Xterra 70 than on the F75?

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Like all Minelab products, it's built like a tank. I had a locking collar go bad, which Minelab sent me a replacement for. Also, I still don't understand that cheesy headphone jack rubber "door". Other than that, tops all the way.

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace 250, Titan 2000 Xd
I do wish fisher would have used a stiffer better battery spring..Besides that it feels great to me... :icon_study:

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace 250, Titan 2000 Xd
:wink: Good Idea jim, Im waiting a few weeks till all in El Paso Texas is back to normal..they just had some flooding.then its off to First Texas..I'm going to miss the F75..I;ll be sure to include a note for sure..thanks james

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Take a 1266x, put a small meter on it that can ID iron. Sell it to me.

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since everything is going digital how about a small clock in the corner of the screens.

I don't ware any metal while hunting except for my belt buckle, but I don't think anyone wants to see me with my pants falling down. :o

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
I have to agree with Jim, that the MXT is probably the best all around machine available for the money. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread