What's new

Possible meteorite?

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
2,818
Reaction score
3,358
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this in a field yesterday. It weighs 83g and is highly magnetic. I live near St. Louis and I don't know if there is a strewn field in my area. Any help is appreciated!

received_310881626294857.webp

received_307094379972332.webp

received_279609792968051.webp

received_2276252825951665.webp

received_2101682996613149.webp
 
Not a meteorite. Looks like old iron slag. Possibly a piece of old rusty iron. I frequently find similar pieces in old logging camps and old mining camps.
 
Upvote 0
Not a meteorite. Looks like old iron slag. Possibly a piece of old rusty iron. I frequently find similar pieces in old logging camps and old mining camps.

isnt it time for more coffee?

chub
 
Upvote 0
Went back to bed for an hour. Now it’s time for more coffee.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom