possible micro-meteorites?

fastfishy2

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i went around with a standard round magnet wrapped in baking paper, and i moved it around just above some roadside stormwater gutters. it picked up some debris. the large piece in the photo is long and obviously pitted with some clear-ish structure on the end. some of the others are pitted as well and some have the same yellowy glass-like stuff on them. any help would be appreciated. photo (20).JPG ???
if you think one of them IS one then please circle it with the paint program and then re-post the image. thanks a heap!!!

Last edited:

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't ID the photos but the micro & macro stuff is everywhere.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Micro-meteorites are always (99.5%) perfectly round. Most are very shiny. Some are teardrop shaped. Because of the height above earth where they are formed.... in very little gravity.... they solidify to the round shape. Gutters are very good places to find them. Dig and loosen the soil below the gutter to about 2/3 inches. Use the magnet, as you did. bring the resultant material into the house (dry) and smooth out onto small paper plates. Move the plate under a 40X-60X mineral scope and gather those little buggers! I have found hundreds of them that way! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread