Possible nickel ore

Kjavanb1234

Feb 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

In a trip to city mountains few veins and minerals was recognized. Further testing is going to be conducted for further determining if these rocks contain nickel or platinum group metals.

On first observation the host rock is ophiolite and lots of serpentine is visible. There were couple of oxidized iron pyrote veins can be seen below,

image.jpg

And mineralized rocks with iron stain,
image.jpg

Also this rock with interesting intrusion of quartz or some types of mineral in it,
image.jpg

Here is the broken rock from above vein in ultramafic zone
image.jpg

Also found a manganese and asbest veins nearby I believe this is asbest
image.jpg

Also nearby these mineralized rocks containing malachite were seen, as can be seen below,
image.jpg

These rocks got me to guess they are nickel ore,
image.jpg

And you can notice blue color stain on them,
image.jpg

And
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Although my main goal is seeking for precious metals in this case PGMs, but I guess I found nickel ore. Your comments and advise is welcome.

Best regards
Kj

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you decide to have a "Fire Assay" done in reading the book this one has about the influences of base metals on cupellation (button forming):
Nickel and cobalt will have a "Scoria" will be dark green and the stains of the cupel will be green. The button is slightly crystalline. Burns with a blue flame, and volatilizes, carring gold and silver with it.
This is something to look at with the amount of nickel. Thank you for posting the interesting pictures Kjavanb1234.

OP
OP
K

Kjavanb1234

Feb 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

Thanks for your advise Assembler. I am almost done building my impact chain hammer mill. I will do a fire assay on different samples from this area.

I make sure to have the fire assay lead pril or any beads photos posted here.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nickel ore is in demand. Nickel and cobalt are critically needed in lithium batteries. So you have both in your cell phones, but imagine how much you have to increase that amount for an electric vehicle.

Depending, might be worth working.

OP
OP
K

Kjavanb1234

Feb 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

Thanks for your advise Assembler. I am almost done building my impact chain hammer mill. I will do a fire assay on different samples from this area.

I make sure to have the fire assay lead pril or any beads photos posted here.

Hi

Thanks man. Sorry for late reply here.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks a lot like the nickel ore samples I'm seeing online. We got one nickel mine in the country here recently in the UP part of Michigan. It's called the Eagle mine I think. I dealt with some contractors working back there and your post reminded me maybe I should give a call to the mine company and see if I can maybe drum up some business.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread