What's new

Possible site and artifact?

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Messages
1,487
Reaction score
1,648
Golden Thread
1
Location
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a hike this morning on my neighbors property and I think I came across something, but I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about native artifacts. I came across two boulders that look like they were carved out maybe its erosion but there both very similiar in shape. Maybe some kind of mining or maybe a place to grind grain? Also I came across a rock that looks like it was possibly knapped as I said before I know nothing but I'm eager for knowledge. Maybe I'm seeing something that's not there. Your opinions and expertise are most welcome and thank you in advance. - Justin
 

Attachments

  • image-219793522.webp
    image-219793522.webp
    71 KB · Views: 119
  • image-3912494534.webp
    image-3912494534.webp
    79.7 KB · Views: 113
  • image-1388260030.webp
    image-1388260030.webp
    74 KB · Views: 111
  • image-938406944.webp
    image-938406944.webp
    64.9 KB · Views: 118
  • image-2291217934.webp
    image-2291217934.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image-1641153745.webp
    image-1641153745.webp
    55.7 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
Justin. Just from the pictures it looks natural. I could be wrong. Is it in a drip line off a cliff? I am not seeing anything that screams altered by man.If those "are" grinding cupulets then there should be more flint debri. So keep looking at that potential site.
 
Justin. Just from the pictures it looks natural. I could be wrong. Is it in a drip line off a cliff? I am not seeing anything that screams altered by man.If those "are" grinding cupulets then there should be more flint debri. So keep looking at that potential site.

Thanks for the response no these impressions are not near a cliff there on flat land in the woods in a boulder field.
 
I know they look out of place ,but I go along with TnM:thumbsup:
 
Oh well there neat none the less nature does beautiful things. I showed them to my neighbor and he said that they are soap stone it's a soft material so erosion would make sense.
 
I just stumbled on to this once I discovered that the boulders were soap this looks very similiar to me.
 

Attachments

  • image-396514752.webp
    image-396514752.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image-356731494.webp
    image-356731494.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 183
They did make things from Soapstone like statues and bowls. I have heard of holes like that in bolders in my area but I havent seen them. They are on private property.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom