What's new

Possible Spanish Silver Coin Pin/Broach!!

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
1,611
Reaction score
407
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys and gals. I have a find that I think is super cool. Today I revisited a site that has produced some very early artifacts. This site is where I dug my first Spanish coin. Today I went back into the woods and found something that I am trying to ID. It is made out of Coin Silver into the shape of a shield. The front is very smooth but in the back I can see some detail of what looks like that of a Spanish Coin. More specifically the Lion on the Spanish coin. At least that is what I am seeing. I sure hope one of you gurus can help me positively ID this one. I am not far away from the home of the First Spanish Governor of Mississippi. Ya'll please check out my pictures and tell me what y'all see. Thank you friends..Zaxfire69 ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459370409.890314.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459370425.312105.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459370460.198760.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459370478.722401.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459370498.385077.webp
 
Upvote 8
Looks like leather bling made from silver coin at first... but it could be a broach made silver coin. Which coin I dont know. Nice find
 
Last edited:
Very nice find congrats, wish I could help with ID
 
I am seeing absolutely no image on it. Sorry I can't help.
 
She sure looks old. We like it!!:thumbsup:
 
It is almost worn smooth but it is there.
 
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459376327.902686.webp

I found this button 3 feet from the shield.
 
That's really cool and intriguing. Hopefully someone will be able to help identify it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom