dand Jr. Member Joined Sep 6, 2007 Messages 52 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Location STAFFORD, VA. Detector(s) used Minelab GPX-4500 & F75-LTD Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 12, 2011 #1 This item was found in a Civil War Camp. Its Brass (has an almost Black patina) measures...1 1/16 in. long & 1 3/16 Wide. Flat back. Has anyone seen something like this with the hole patterns present... Thank you........Dan Attachments buckle.webp 50.1 KB · Views: 965
This item was found in a Civil War Camp. Its Brass (has an almost Black patina) measures...1 1/16 in. long & 1 3/16 Wide. Flat back. Has anyone seen something like this with the hole patterns present... Thank you........Dan
Havilah_Springs Full Member Joined Oct 23, 2011 Messages 142 Reaction score 6 Golden Thread 0 Location VENTURA COUNTY, CA Detector(s) used WHITES EAGLE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 12, 2011 #2 Hey Dan, How about a picture of the backside and maybe some measurements? H_S Upvote 0
Havilah_Springs Full Member Joined Oct 23, 2011 Messages 142 Reaction score 6 Golden Thread 0 Location VENTURA COUNTY, CA Detector(s) used WHITES EAGLE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 12, 2011 #3 Sorry, I missed your measurments, but how thick is it? H_S Upvote 0
dand Jr. Member Joined Sep 6, 2007 Messages 52 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Location STAFFORD, VA. Detector(s) used Minelab GPX-4500 & F75-LTD Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 12, 2011 Thread Owner #4 Its flat on the back, no backmarks, just smooth. It might be an 1/8th inch thick if that. Dan Upvote 0
dand Jr. Member Joined Sep 6, 2007 Messages 52 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Location STAFFORD, VA. Detector(s) used Minelab GPX-4500 & F75-LTD Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 12, 2011 Thread Owner #5 Here's what the back looks like. Thickness is more like 1/16th of an inch. Dan Attachments Clip back.webp 20.7 KB · Views: 482 Upvote 0
Breezie Gold Member Joined Oct 3, 2009 Messages 6,278 Reaction score 2,120 Golden Thread 1 Location North Carolina 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Dec 12, 2011 #6 Yes, it is part of a suspender buckle. The hole pattern is for sewing the suspender to the overalls. I have found several like it, and if I can located the right shoebox, I'll post pics. Nice find, Breezie Upvote 0
Yes, it is part of a suspender buckle. The hole pattern is for sewing the suspender to the overalls. I have found several like it, and if I can located the right shoebox, I'll post pics. Nice find, Breezie
dand Jr. Member Joined Sep 6, 2007 Messages 52 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Location STAFFORD, VA. Detector(s) used Minelab GPX-4500 & F75-LTD Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 12, 2011 Thread Owner #7 Thank you BREEZIE..!!!! I'd like to see the pic's if you locate that box. Dan Upvote 0