What's new

Possible war art/trench art?

lilyogi6

Greenie
Joined
Nov 12, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E1697997-FD54-42ED-B604-72EFA5363772.webp

I found this piece a while back. Someone had thought it was a
Piece of a wind chime. After talking to someone
Recently he believes it’s trench art that soldier made out if copper wire.
What do you think?
 

Attachments

  • 8A7C9DB3-A634-4FA4-81BC-ECC4FEE0C231.webp
    8A7C9DB3-A634-4FA4-81BC-ECC4FEE0C231.webp
    249.4 KB · Views: 106
Man.... that is almost impossible to say. Is there any other context to think it might be military? When I was an electrician we would bend scrap pieces of wire up for all kinds of reasons or none at all. Like making hangers to hold things or just to “doodle”.
 
Upvote 0
How big is it?
Like Madmox said it could have been made last year...
Where in general was it found?
Did you find other things with it that will help put a date on it?
I can't help with an ID other than a guess...
Maybe for a lamp...
 
Upvote 0
My guess.

Key ring.
 
Upvote 0
I found this in an old world war 2 military depot. We found it in the ground along with buttons and a plate that gives details about a tripod for a machine gun
 
Upvote 0
It may be WW2 era... also another first thought that I did not say earlier was some sort of pin retainer.
 
Upvote 0
Or a type of "split ring" dealio... that goes with some locking pin etc.
 
Upvote 0
Thats a whatever you want it to be item no way to tell
 
Upvote 0
All I see is a smiley face with no eyes
 
Upvote 0
Does look like a key holder. I would call it a trench art key holder. Why not.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom