Possible ww1 flying goggles and other bits found today !

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I managed to get out metal detecting today on two occasions of around 2 hours per trip.

I went to my usual pasture permission which has been used in the past as a Victorian racecourse, ww1 army training base and runway.

To be honest I was gutted at only finding one coin and it was a modern two pence coin at that, however I did make some other nice finds which I am happy about.

One of my favourite finds of the day was a possible pair of ww1 goggles which I am not 100% sure about but I think it's a possibility.

I also found a few other old looking relics. So all in all it was a gold and silver free day but I still had fun and it shows you don't have to be finding precious metals every time you detect to have fun.

I hope you all enjoy the video as much as I enjoy putting them together and if you do please comment, thumbs up and subscribe.

Settings used on the Makro Racer were my usual deep pasture settings of three tones, gain 95, id filter 25 and a good ground balance on a clean area.

Enjoy the video

https://youtu.be/Kt4jSNdobFg

Happy hunting all.

Upvote 4

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ringo!!!!! Blimey mate....you've just found John's glasses, ya know, the ones he wore in 'amburg. He 'ad to wear 'em ya know with those plonkers tossing their cheap beer and whatnot at us :laughing7:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Nice finds (and video)! Thanks for sharing...

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment you two, and Erik, how did I know your comment would involve the Beatles hahaha. Hope your well?

Andy

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment you two, and Erik, how did I know your comment would involve the Beatles hahaha. Hope your well?

Andy

Andy,

Doin' good mate! Enjoyed your video as usual. LMK if you are able to find out what that ornate item is. As for the two pence, ya know, that's not gonna buy you a lot of Old Speckled Hen these days. Pints are on me if we get together :thumbsup: Also looking forward to seeing the lovely, gracious, and talented (:icon_queen:) Mrs. Bainsey starring in more of your detecting videos, haha! :occasion14: Peace and love! Peace and love! (RS) :laughing7:

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For anyone who is interested, the ww1 goggles have turned out to be an inlet manifold gasket from an old car, doh! I think it was a case of wishful thinking on my part lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread