What's new

✅ SOLVED Possibly Peridot. Thoughts?

NorcalAl

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 27, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Redding
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out detecting for nuggets, got tired of finding bullets so headed down to the creek. Walking the creek looking for good ground and saw this in the water. A5F66345-EC53-4204-9560-FD5A956248AF.webpB5DBA08B-8BB1-49FD-B481-0906E77107BC.webp
 
The peridot I've found is more olive green. Yours is a much deeper green...almost a"kelly" green. Very nice find. I'll be curious to see what the "experts" say.
Jim
 
Upvote 0
I'm no expert but it looks like it could be chlorite. Here's a chlorite pic from the net. Gary

chlorite.webp
 
Upvote 0
The peridot I've found is more olive green. Yours is a much deeper green...almost a"kelly" green. Very nice find. I'll be curious to see what the "experts" say.
Jim

Thats whats throwing me off with this one. Olivine is found around the local area here, Ive just never seen it this dark. Guess I’ll have to “follow the science” to find out.
 
Upvote 0
the conchoidal fracturing I think I can see and embedded rock make me lean towards melted beer bottle.
 
Upvote 0
Possibly a well smashed up bit of landscaping glass slag.

s-l300.webp
 
Upvote 0
the conchoidal fracturing I think I can see and embedded rock make me lean towards melted beer bottle.

Perhaps, but the bottom of the piece looks to be a natural mineral.
After some reading it sounds like peridot can have conchoidal fracturing as well. As long as it’s not Joe dirts space peanut I guess I’ll be happy.
1BB42BAD-54ED-4901-BDF8-085EE52E2378.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom