Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For any who know Canadian military history, here is the most poignant song.. It is by

Great Big Sea.. called by 2 names.. 'The blue Puttees' or 'Recruiting Sergeant'..

It is a copy of Twa Recruiting Sergeants by the Corries of Ireland....But with a message to

those of us in Canada.. The Newfoundland Regiment was virtually wiped out in the battle of the Somme.

They started out in Gallipoli, and then went to Flanders..

In Beaumont-Hammel, a part of the Battle of the Somme, some 800

Newfoundlanders went over the top on that July 1, 1916... at roll call next morning, only 68 were

able to answer the call.. An incredibly tragic event in our history [although at the time, Newfoundland

was not yet part of Canada]

Micheal

I've never heard this one by GBS Micheal. :thumbsup:
Thanks for posting it,
Dave

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's another relatively unknown Canadian female country artist from Langenburg, Saskatchewan ... Jess Moskaluke. Jess also has a 'live version' video of this song, but I much prefer the sound quality of the studio version. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had never heard of either of these ladies Dave.... both excellent

Thank you

Micheal
Good morning Micheal,

As you may have noticed I'm a big country music fan. 🤠 For years now, I've felt that a number of very talented Canadian female artists have over-looked by the country music industry in the US. Don't get me wrong, country music in the US is what drives the bus forward around the world. :thumbsup:

There are a few Canadian female artists that have recently been noticed by the US, such as Tenille Townes from Grande Prairie, AB and Tenille Arts from Weyburn, SK.

Attachments

• Tenille Townes.jpg
    Tenille Townes.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Tenille Arts.jpg
    Tenille Arts.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 16

Yang Hao

Feb 23, 2015
Haerbin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An interesting read from CRTC (The Canadian Radio-television and telecommunications commission). They have a MAPL system to determine what song is Canadian. According to their MAPL system, a song can be considered Canadian even if the Artist isn't Canadian. The song just needs to fill two of the MAPL conditions to be considered a Canadian song.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An interesting read from CRTC (The Canadian Radio-television and telecommunications commission). They have a MAPL system to determine what song is Canadian. According to their MAPL system, a song can be considered Canadian even if the Artist isn't Canadian. The song just needs to fill two of the MAPL conditions to be considered a Canadian song.

I never knew this fact before, thanks for sharing it my friend. :thumbsup:

This incredibly talented country girl, grew up 15mins down the road from me in Bowmanville, Ontario

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I realize Vince Gill isn't Canadian, but he was instrumental in helping get Meghan Patrick noticed in Nashville. :usflag: :goldmedalred:
I've always loved this song.

Yang Hao

Feb 23, 2015
Haerbin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking... they should add an E category... MAPLE but the E stands for everything which means the M.A.P.L are all Canadian.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill from Lachine Passing

I just wanted to let everyone know, that ‘Bill from Lachine’ passed away on Sunday Sept. 25. I know he had a lot of friends on this forum... I just thought you all should know.

Bill and I shared a thousand moments online that I took for granted, mainly because I thought there would be a thousand more. I’m going to miss his sense of humour, his creative cooking skill and his online friendship and support the most.

View attachment 2048432

Rest In Peace, Brother Bill. I sure wish I could have met you in person! My heart is broken. May God give peace and comfort to your family and friends during this difficult time.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rest In Peace, Brother Bill. I sure wish I could have met you in person! My heart is broken. May God give peace and comfort to your family and friends during this difficult time.

What? Uncle Bill died?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread