Posting my friend Stans awesome early colonial finds from his solo hunt yesterday

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Posting my friend Stan's awesome early colonial finds from his solo hunt yesterday

I usually don't post finds made by others but thought I'd make an exception here. My long-time friend and occasional digging buddy Stan made a return visit yesterday to a very early site that's given up many cobs along with hammered coins, and was also the site where he and his friend dug an ultra rare Lord Baltimore 4 pence groat a few years ago. Yesterday he checked out the shoreline and noticed some erosion had partially exposed part of a trash pit. Then he had a heart stopping moment when he eyeballed what had a chance to be a whole black glass bottle. Although it was in pieces almost all of it was there. It appears to be an unusual looking early onion, probably circa 1700 or slightly later. He also found two 1600s cobs (one dated 1666) as well as some early buckles and other misc artifacts. Anyway, I thought I'd share this with all the colonial enthusiasts on the forum. Enjoy.

Attachments

• stans bottle4a.jpg
    stans bottle4a.jpg
    735 KB · Views: 146
  • stans bottle4b.jpg
    stans bottle4b.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 215
Upvote 16
And some arrowheads! Thats my kinda day. Great stuff. Id live to dig some spanish one day

That's my dream day Bill. Stan's a lucky guy!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TreasureNet

Wow that bottle is something special. Would to add one to the collection. He had a hell of a day out there.

Nice relics! Thanks for sharing!

The day wouldn't get too much better than that…Your friend had a great day!

Damn I'm glad you did share that Bill. That is a dream day

It's a sweet dream come true after a day of digging with those results. Congrats to Stan and thanks for posting it up Bill.

Kudos to Stan, those are some really nice finds!
I'd probably do a face plant right in the mud if I found just the bottle never mind all the rest of it! Nice!

very nice finds, kudos to your buddy on the great digs!!

What an extremely rare and beautiful find. Congrats to Stan!

I wish Stan would post his finds like you do Bill. He sure finds some great stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back