Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember my mother used to make us Potato Candy Rolls when we were very young. I asked her how she made them and I had to trial and error as to how much of what as she forgot how to make it.

Some may remember this candy so here is the recipe

1 Very Large Potato, or 2 medium size
Powdered Sugar, (Get 2 boxes just in case)
Peanut Butter, (smooth kind)
Wax paper
Rolling pin to roll out the potato dough on the wax paper
sifter to sift powdered sugar over the wax paper

Step 1
Gather your ingredients. You will need a small saucepan and enough water to cover the potato. Boil the potato until it is done. You can tell when a potato is cooked by inserting a fork into it. If it goes in easily, take that potato off the stove!
Step 2
Run cool water over the potato to cool it off. Peel your potato and discard the peelings. Once the potato is room temperature, put it into a mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until it is completely pulverized.
Step 3
Little by little, add the powdered sugar and continue mixing until it forms a paste that is thick enough to roll out, (kinda like dough). If it is sticky, you still need to add more powdered sugar. (It's hard to say how much sugar you will need because that will depend on how large the potato is.)
Step 4
Line an area of your counter with waxed paper and dust the paper with powdered sugar to keep the mixture from sticking to it. Use a rolling pin and roll out your sugary dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Spread your favorite peanut butter all over the top of your rolled-out dough. Any area that you miss will mean someone gets a bite without peanut butter, so be generous!
Step 5
Now it's time to roll it together. Begin at one end of your dough, fold it in, and roll it over onto itself until you have one nice, long roll of candy. Wrap the roll in the waxed paper and twist the ends to keep it air tight. Put it in the refrigerator to chill. After about an hour, you can take it out and slice it into bite size pieces. Then eat and enjoy!.........WARNING............it IS very ADDICTING!

Just for note. It DOES NOT taste like potatos. It tastes just like candy, you would never even know it was made from a potato.

Muddy Treats

Mar 28, 2009
Where The Rivers Meet, WV
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! Thanks for this recipe. I had this once a few years ago and i was hooked! You're right, you can't taste the potato. I'm going to make mine using Jif's peanut butter. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread