What's new

POTTERY HELP IDENTIFY

Emerson_ashe

Full Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
113
Reaction score
395
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long island and CT
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV,ace 250, garret AT PRO. Equinox 800, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure what youd call this piece of pottery,
almost enclosed bowl. Purple glazed. Marked iris minc I believe. But the style of the piece is what im mainly trying to identify. Thought it might be some form of bowl to burn incense
 

Attachments

  • 20190504_194922.webp
    20190504_194922.webp
    584.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 20190504_194929.webp
    20190504_194929.webp
    520.7 KB · Views: 96
I was thinking a small ceramic oil lamp base
 
Upvote 0
I think Icewing is on the right track, that it's probably 'part of something else'. :dontknow:
If we could see a pic of the base where your thumb is, that might help.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure it's an older door knob. I've dug a few over the years with the rest of the lock. Most have a brown color.
 
Upvote 0
Whoops forgot to post the base. Definitely hand made pottery, still think the design is made to burn incense or something
 

Attachments

  • 20190505_115740.webp
    20190505_115740.webp
    631.6 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
and the color is a plum purppurplpurppurple glaze. But I still dont know what youd call this style bowl
 
Upvote 0
Not a doorknob, judging by the base. It is clearly a T.O.P. ("Thing Of Purpose") but don't ask me what the purpose is. I have half a garage full of TOPs but no idea what they were used for.
HH
dts
 
Upvote 0
Knights Templar offering to the Goddess Iris, the Goddess of Rainbows, hence the color.

Is this from Oak Island?
 
Upvote 0
Knock Me Over...With A Feather...Quill?

I believe what you have is an Antique Porcelain Inkwell!

Engraved with Iris Ink...Iris for Blue/Purple Color.

Inkwell 2.webpInkwell.webp
 
Upvote 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Head scratcher if it was an oak island find it would be the daddy of them all the mystery solver lol
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom