GatorBoy
Gold Member
- Joined
- May 28, 2012
- Messages
- 14,812
- Reaction score
- 6,156
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I have heard of a couple of these... only a couple. I was lucky enough to find 1 of them. With all the debate and questions about the use of plummets I thought this was worth sharing. since most are made of stone or shell they are limited in the types of use that would be visible on their surface. I believe this rare artifact may be showing some information very rarely seen. I inhanced one of the photos to bring out small wear patterns that do not appear to be intentional. they look to me like cloth or cord impressions. Have a look..




Upvote
0
? That's rubbish!! The Native American culture as a whole.. was deeply into using symbolism on a huge variety of objects that were a part of their daily life. they were for the most part a very spiritual people. Just because something was made to symbolize one of natures living gifts does not make it cerimonial in any way more than a fish bumper sticker next to the letters W.W.J.D. on a car. Does that make it a ceremonial car?










