A Arrow1491 Tenderfoot Joined Sep 22, 2015 Messages 6 Reaction score 6 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 2, 2015 #1 I am having trouble with this one....looks like clay, but does the temper look like grit? Is it pottery? From Illinois..... Thanks Attachments image.webp 133.3 KB · Views: 117 image.webp 118.4 KB · Views: 105 image.webp 102 KB · Views: 118 image.webp 144.1 KB · Views: 114 image.webp 133 KB · Views: 108 Upvote 0
I am having trouble with this one....looks like clay, but does the temper look like grit? Is it pottery? From Illinois..... Thanks
NCPeaches Silver Member Joined Mar 24, 2013 Messages 2,882 Reaction score 3,005 Golden Thread 0 Location Western Piedmont North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 2, 2015 #2 Yes that's a shard but I'm not sure what your people used to temper it with. That's a great find and you have a good eye!
Yes that's a shard but I'm not sure what your people used to temper it with. That's a great find and you have a good eye!
monsterrack Silver Member Joined Apr 15, 2013 Messages 4,429 Reaction score 5,831 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest Mississippi Detector(s) used Garrett, and Whites Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 3, 2015 #3 There looks to be some shell in that piece of pottery.