thehunter123 Full Member Joined Feb 8, 2015 Messages 135 Reaction score 442 Golden Thread 0 Location NC Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2017 #1 Hey y'all! I believe that I've found my first pottery artifact. Would anyone say otherwise? Found in NC. Upvote 0
Hey y'all! I believe that I've found my first pottery artifact. Would anyone say otherwise? Found in NC.
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2017 #2 no limestone I think
J Jon Stewart Bronze Member Joined Jan 11, 2011 Messages 1,039 Reaction score 947 Golden Thread 0 Jan 5, 2017 #3 Not pottery. Looks like sand stone.
Ohio_Doug Hero Member Joined Dec 5, 2007 Messages 558 Reaction score 63 Golden Thread 0 Location Southeast Ohio Jan 5, 2017 #4 100% natural rock.
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2017 #5 I agree, doesn't look like Pottery to me either.
NCPeaches Silver Member Joined Mar 24, 2013 Messages 2,882 Reaction score 3,005 Golden Thread 0 Location Western Piedmont North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2017 #6 Not sure if it's pottery, sometimes hard to tell from pics, even good pics like yours. Is it real slippery when wet?
Not sure if it's pottery, sometimes hard to tell from pics, even good pics like yours. Is it real slippery when wet?
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2017 #7 NCPeaches said: Not sure if it's pottery, sometimes hard to tell from pics, even good pics like yours. Is it real slippery when wet? Click to expand... Isn't that a Bon Jovi album? lol
NCPeaches said: Not sure if it's pottery, sometimes hard to tell from pics, even good pics like yours. Is it real slippery when wet? Click to expand... Isn't that a Bon Jovi album? lol
NCPeaches Silver Member Joined Mar 24, 2013 Messages 2,882 Reaction score 3,005 Golden Thread 0 Location Western Piedmont North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2017 #8 The Grim Reaper said: Isn't that a Bon Jovi album? lol Click to expand... Why yes! I believe it is Mr. Grim! lol
The Grim Reaper said: Isn't that a Bon Jovi album? lol Click to expand... Why yes! I believe it is Mr. Grim! lol
Tnmountains Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jan 27, 2009 Messages 19,212 Reaction score 12,627 Golden Thread 1 Location South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2017 #9 Keep looking though. Once you find some pottery you will know it. Good luck!
J Jon Stewart Bronze Member Joined Jan 11, 2011 Messages 1,039 Reaction score 947 Golden Thread 0 Jan 5, 2017 #10 PM me an address and I will send you some so you have an idea what it looks like. It is more evenly made and if you look at the edge you may see signs of grasses in with the clay. Most of the stuff I have is around 1/4 inch thick.
PM me an address and I will send you some so you have an idea what it looks like. It is more evenly made and if you look at the edge you may see signs of grasses in with the clay. Most of the stuff I have is around 1/4 inch thick.