What's new

Pottery with insitu pic

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a little while today and walked the creek and found a shard stuck in the side of the creek bank, not the first time I found one this way but I did have my phone with me and got a pic. Looked thru a big sand bar the rain made and found a couple more. The last 2 show a worked piece of quartz, not sure if it's a broke base or curve on the side since the rest of it is broke off but keeping it anyway lol Thanks for the look and HH!
WP_20151121_002.webpWP_20151121_003.webpWP_20151121_004.webpWP_20151121_006.webpWP_20151121_009.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like a piece off a good point still hoping to see you post a bowl that is hidden in your creek.
 
Looks like a piece off a good point still hoping to see you post a bowl that is hidden in your creek.

I scour those banks hoping to find one whole too! I don't normally remember my dreams but had one last night where I found a huge piece of pottery, too bad I'm not psychic :icon_scratch: I'll be in the creek off and on a lot this week because I'm taking a stay-cation so hopefully it will pay off.
 
Great in-situ. Could have fooled me with the quartz; looks like a triangle....
 
Glad you were able to get out and find something!
 
Nice glad to see you find some stone. Looks like a triangle but has some edge damage. Woodland period liked their triangles. Not all of them were made that great.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom