What's new

Pottery?

DemonCatSpaceStar

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
392
Reaction score
516
Golden Thread
0
Location
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I always pick up chunks of bone when I go out to the river/creek (just Incase they end up being paleo, mammoth Ect)& then try to look at them when I get home,Going through some of the stuff on my desk I realized this is not bone...it looks like pottery!
1f633.png
[emoji15]
It’s 1/4” thick & sandwiched with shell/fossil or something! But it’s definitely not bone!


Thanks,
8-)ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510508907.858864.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510508923.345517.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510508939.830325.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4583.webp
    IMG_4583.webp
    412.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Boy thats a hard one for me to say looks almost like rock from the side view. Any chance of getting a better pic of the sides?
 
I added more photos I don’t know if they are any better? lol

11KBP would know on them and looks like he does. Must be Grit pottery probably very heavy. Ive only found 1 piece of Grit and I thought it was a rock till I saw the designs on it. Most of the pottery here is very lite in weight. Nice find
 
Water worn sounds dead on, especially since it has shell in it as that was used as temper.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom