What's new

Powder horn? Civil war ?? war of 1812???

relic lover

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
2,218
Reaction score
1,310
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from the same site as my 1810 belt plate came from. I think it could be a powder horn front. Need help please, what is it :icon_scratch: and what time period??
 

Attachments

  • GetAttachment.aspx.webp
    GetAttachment.aspx.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 399
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 362
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    74.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    76.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 338
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 350
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 334
Looks like a powder horn to me too. Perhaps it caught a hot spark and blew up from the looks of it? Monty
 
Upvote 0
Yep.....M.J.....that sure looks like it to me. I also agree with Monty that it sure looks like she "blew". I have both shot and fused 1lb cans of black powder in my youthful days...and they never really "fragged"....as much as they opened up when they blew.

Great find.....wish we had stuff like that out West.

TiredIron
 
Upvote 0
MJ thanks for the ID
 
Upvote 0
You're very welcome... Monty knew what it was right away which send me on the picture quest. :coffee2:
 
Upvote 0
Outstanding find!! All the ones I have dug have come apart at the seams... seems to be the norm for th eones I have seen.. again.. very nice find!!

MB
 
Upvote 0
TiredIron said:
Yep.....M.J.....that sure looks like it to me. I also agree with Monty that it sure looks like she "blew". I have both shot and fused 1lb cans of black powder in my youthful days...and they never really "fragged"....as much as they opened up when they blew.

Great find.....wish we had stuff like that out West.

TiredIron
I feel your pain being in CO. We moved from Estes Park 3 years ago.. Winter lasts a long time up there. This is why I mined for gold rather detecting.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom